ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ

The fabric was sticky, the blood hadn't completely dried yet. She rubbed her thumb and pointer together, cringing at the gooey feeling. She tugged the brown-ish pull over hoodie towards her, a heaving mess. Bringing it closer to her her face, not minding the slight smell of metal. She sniffed as she focused on the little amount of his scent that she could still vaguely whiff out.

Cinnamon. And movie theater popcorn. And an overwhelming amount of Axe body spray.  She could remember meeting him in between fourth and fifth period everyday at her locker, where he'd always kept an extra miniature bottle so he could freshen up in between classes. She could remember him drenching himself in the cologne, making her books reek of his scent. She remembered walking into her classes and Tatum eyeing her, as if to say, you smell like Stu.

But now she would never walk into her fifth period and see Tatum waiting there, waiting to comment on how she smelled. Now she would never again meet Stu at her locker in between History and English Lit. just for him to spray her with his cologne. Nothing would ever be like it was before. She would never again be able to shift back into her normal routine. How could she? Nothing would ever be the same after the Halloween of 1996.