Chapter Five: Don't Forget Me, My Little Mistletoe.

I awoke to a pair of strong arms wrapped around my waist, and warm breath brushing against the top of my head. "Where am I?" I thought to myself. Nothing could be remembered from the night before. "Who's room is this? Who the fuck is gripping my waist?" Questions flooded my head and panic overcame me. The grip of the stranger laying next to me loosened, only for the figure to sit upright and pull my body onto his chest. Panic took complete control over my body, my fight-or-flight reflexes kicked in as adrenaline rushed through my body.

I started struggling, battling my way out of this man's grip. "What's wrong, darling?" It was that goddamned British accent, and this time it was actually sincere. I stopped struggling, the memories from last night came flooding back in an instant. My body relaxed, resting gently against his. The remnants of his cologne reminded me of pumpkin spice drifting along on an autumn breeze.

"Sweetheart, are you alright? What happened?" He urged me to answer, he seemed genuinely worried. I could now feel his eyes staring right through my skull.

"It's nothing," I groaned in an ungodly morning voice, "I just woke up and was a little confused." Our fingers intertwined and I maneuvered my body to face him; we were facing each other, his hand traced patterns on my back whilst his scent engulfed the rest of my senses.

"It's okay, my little mistletoe. You're safe, you can relax now." His words were comforting, like honey and cinnamon mixed into a cup of tea. His skin is soft and pale against mine. Leo. That name echoed throughout my head. Who'd have thought I'd be here right now? I definitely did not when I decided to do some late night reading.

I stretched out alongside Leo's body, our fingers staying intertwined. "I want to stay like this for a while." I mumbled into the crook of his neck. He pulled the covers over my exposed back and kissed my forehead. Leo's hands stroked my hair and traced patterns on my skin, whilst I lay there, half asleep and falling in love all over again.

"About the past," Leo broke the silence, his voice was soft, but not quite a whisper, "I'm sorry. I should have never put you through everything that I did." His voice cracked, it was the saddest sound I'd ever heard. "I never meant to hurt you, Skye. I'm so, so sorry." Tears ran down his face and his eyes grew cloudy. "I understand if you can't forgive me, but I need you to know that I'm truly sorry." His chest was now heaving up and down, trying to steady his breath in an attempt to hold back the tears.

Removing my hands from his, I brushed the tears off of his cheeks and pecked his lips. "And about last night," Leo continued, looking more broken than ever, "I understand if you hate me, and want to forget about all of this, Skye-"

I cut him off, "Shh, it's okay. Everything is going to be okay." I said, reassuring him. He was the personification of a broken vase, and the sight broke my heart. Maybe, just maybe still choosing him after all this time, wasn't such a bad thing after all. Leo sobbed quietly into my chest, and I tried to wipe his tears away as best I could.

"I was so worried this morning when you woke up, I thought that you regretted everything and that you were scared of me for a second time. The truth is, even now I'm scared to let you go..." His voice got softer, and softer, until he was only crying into my chest.

About a half hour went on like this, him crying and pouring his heart out, with me comforting him and listening intently to each and every single word. I felt my own tears trickle down my skin, containing my emotions and hiding my wounds was not an option any longer. I couldn't take it.

"I'm scared of losing you, Skye. Promise me that as long as I take care of you, you'll never forget me. Please?" He whimpered.

My tears were now falling onto the bed sheets. I felt vulnerable, but safe. "I promise you, Leo." We cradled each other until the both of us calmed down. I pulled Leo as close to me as physically possible and didn't allow him to move, even slightly, away from me.