03 ) A Parallel In Which You Were Here

you clearly weren't aware you made me miserable

"How are you today? Is your leg feeling any less

"How are you today? Is your leg feeling any less... broken?" 

"I'm good," I respond dryly, thinking of her. Not Sunwoo, but her. Whoever she was. Whoever would be able to give me another chance in redeeming love that'll remind me well of Sunwoo. She and Sunwoo were odd parallels, in which it may have been "right person, wrong time." However, does that include a carbon copy of you? Does that include you, but not you?

Have I been switched into a different world after I fell from my grandmother's roof, splashing into an alternative universe? The past? The future in which she's still alive? I don't think I am. Someone pinch me.

"It seems like you're busy thinking about something," The doctor clicks her suggestively annoying pen, writing something down on the strikingly brown clipboard. "What are you pondering about in that colorful, detailed brain of yours? Something itching the back of it?"

"The reason you wanted me to stay here..." I trail off, looking down at my encased leg wrapped in a cast. I point out to the window as if she'd knowing precisely what I'm talking about, which she did. It was raining today, which I enjoyed. Taking a glance up at the female who's been taking care of me, I eye her. "Was to meet her, right?"

I don't even let her breathe before I was back to questioning, causing her to smile awkwardly. "That girl in a wheelchair clung to her IV... you wanted me to see her, right?" I question, leaning forward. "Who is she? Why do you...?"

"Her name is Liu Rena, a long-term patient under our hospital," Liu Rena. She has a pretty name. Liu Rena. Kim Sunwoo. They're very different, though. "She has pancreatic cancer. Even she... is quite surprised how she's lived this long. Along with that, she suffers from hemiplegia, or paralysis, which is mostly in her left leg, now her right."

"She's quite the fighter, it seems."

"Certainly," The doctor smiles, clasping the clipboard closer to her clothed chest. "She doesn't fear death. At all. She embraces it... in the many times she's been near death."