09 ) Her Hair is A Rose

it's hard for me to communicate the thoughts that i hold

The bell rings for government to be over as always. After we kissed, Rena pushed me away, wiping her lips with red written all over her face. It wasn't the mean red, the dark red that stood out from embarrassment; a nice red, a red that was unusually somewhat pink, like deep pink.

I still don't know the definition of falling in love. Of course, the definition I came up with stays true to my heart, but in reality, Rena's definition was quite accurate too. I guess there is simply no true definition of what love may be.

"Oh, Jungwon?" The teacher calls me over, causing me to look up from my phone. She beckons me over, allowing me to walk over. She rubs her palms together, almost sweating. "Listen, I know you're a good student, but your recent grades have been... off. Is everything okay? You're usually not like this."

"I've just been busy, that's all," I mumble, itching the top of my head. I hear the quiet shuffle, deep laughter causing my teacher and me to turn the male's way. Sunghoon fixes his hair, shaking his head. "What, Sunghoon?"

"He's busy visiting a paralyzed girl who looks like his ex," I glare at him, almost ready to beat the life out of him. However, in front of our teacher, I control myself. Sunghoon doesn't seem to know the depth of his words and keeps going. "She's going to die or whatever. He just finds her trampled body appeasing because of her looks."

"Um, boys-"

"Let's talk outside, Sunghoon," I face the scarlet-haired girl, bowing. "I apologize for my friend's words. I'll see you next week, Ms. Ma."

"Oh... bye boys!"

I grab Sunghoon by his backpack, the boy laughing as I drag him outside of the classroom. Forcibly throwing his backpack along with his weight across the hall, his body hitting the wall, I stare at him. "What was that for, Park Sunghoon?"

"Ooh, last name too? I didn't know girls cause informalities," He adjusts his backpack straps, raking back his hair. He sighs even with a smile on his face, making me want to slap it off. "Jungwon, I know I promised I wouldn't budge in, but now that I see you failing school, ditching, not being here, it makes me think you're dedicating your whole life to a girl who's born to die-"