23 ) A Little Too Long

there were so many things left unsaid

Like Sunghoon wanted me, I walk back to the hospital a week later

Like Sunghoon wanted me, I walk back to the hospital a week later. I was still unready to face Rena, but I had reason to meet Chenhan. The horrid picture of her being wheeled away had hurt me enough to want to ask how she was. Chenhan would be the only one to answer me. Inside, I hope that their mother wouldn't be there. Maybe I should've guided myself to her father to apologize first.

I walk in, looking both ways of the hallway before dashing for Chenhan's office. My feet tremble by her door, holding roses in hopes that her sister may forgive me first. My hand raises to knock, but someone opens the door. Chenhan widens her eyes as she eyes me top-to-bottom, sighing. "I guess it was inevitable that you came. At least I rest assured you didn't give up, yet."

"I have no intention of giving up, Chenhan,"  She invites me in, allowing me to sit on her teal couch as she takes a seat next to me. The short distance between us gives me chills, especially when she may be upset with me. Besides Rena, Chenhan would also be the last person I'd like to disappoint. "Is Rena... doing okay? She's not... dead, is she?"

"No, she's not," I sigh of relief, Chenhan fixing the papers that lay adrift in all parts of the pine-wood coffee table. "Though, I don't blame you for that thought. We all thought she might've deceased, as well. Though, through surgery, we found that she still had a heartbeat. I don't know how much longer she can pursue on, Jungwon. It may be easier to say your goodbyes soon."

I hesitate, looking down as I clasp my hands together. "I want to talk to her again, but after what I did... do you think she even wants to see me again?" I ask, Chenhan raising her eyebrows as she looks over at me. "I want to tell her everything, but I've lied to her that day. Do you think she'll believe me?"

"Jungwon, it's easy to read you. I'm sure that it was the moment in time that her thoughts were so clouded, she couldn't tell if you were lying or not. She'll figure out the truth in a matter of time- though hopefully, it'll be before she can no longer speak," Chenhan clears her throat. "I hope that you do tell her everything. I hope that you're able to redeem yourself once again, except, with the same person. She's given you so many chances, I don't know how she did. It's love, after all."