teardrops on my guitar

Teardrops On My Guitar

a/n a song imagine based off of Teardrops On My Guitar by the one & only T. Swift (except you wrote it in this fic ok)

Drew looks at me

I fake a smile so he won't see

That I want and I'm needing

Everything that we should be

It had been a few months since you had broken up, months since you had felt him, kissed him, been alone with him. After four years together, all you got was a text. It really had put a different perspective for you on what you had meant to Drew after all of this time.

July thirtieth, the release date for the new season of Outer Banks. Maddie has asked you to come with her and Chase. It was your first night out since your breakup, spending months trapped inside of your apartment because you couldn't bring yourself to leave, except to go to meetings and studio sessions and to come home.

When you arrived, you saw him there. He avoided making eye contact with you, but knew he couldn't pretend you weren't there. He smiled at you glumly, taking in your beauty in the pink long sleeve dress you had worn, your long blonde & brown hair flowing straightly down your back.

You smiled back, trying your best to not let all of the emotions back in you had tried so hard to forget the last few months. All you wanted was to grab him right then and there, hold him and kiss him and beg him to come back.

I'll bet she's beautiful, that girl he talks about

And she's got everything that I have to live without

Maddie and Rudy had made it a point to tell you, as nicely and as calmly as they could, that Drew had been seeing someone else. And honestly, it broke you into pieces. It had been single handed the hardest thing you'd gone through since you broke up.

Although, you didn't know the real reason he had broken up with you. You didn't know it was because of his management team, telling him it would be a good publicity move. You had no idea, and he had to keep it that way. He cried himself to sleep every night, knowing that you would never be with him again when he got the chance.

He made all of his friends believe that he thought she was the most beautiful girl he'd ever seen- even more beautiful than Y/N, and those words hit you like a bag of bricks.

Drew talks to me

I laugh 'cause it's so damn funny

That I can't even see

Anyone when he's with me

They had talked a few times since they broke up, he asked her how she was and what she had been up to. She replied that she was writing music and trying to clear her head-something she had done since she was a teenager.

Even after all this time, even when he had someone else, or so Y/N thought, he still had her wrapped around her finger, she couldn't see anyone except him.

He says he's so in love, he's finally got it right

I wonder if he knows he's all I think about at night

A few weeks had passed, and he had told his fans in an Instagram video that he never felt so in love, than before he met his new girlfriend, that it never felt right before her.

When Y/N saw that, she cried for hours on end, punching holes into her wall, screaming at the world.

She cried herself to sleep that night, and many nights after that, Drew being the only thing on her mind at all hours of the day- but especially at night.