Chapter Three: Say You'll See Me Again

sorry for the delay :) enjoy chapter 3

It was finally time to leave, and as much as neither of them didn't want to, they knew they had to.

Y/N had successfully gotten away with hiding from her friends and her parents all weekend without getting caught.

"I'm gonna miss this weekend." She whispered, Rafe putting his arms around her from behind as he kissed her head.

"Me too. We'll have to do it again."

"Promise?" She asked.

"I promise." He smiled, turning her around to face him as he kissed her lips softly

"Come on, let's go get some breakfast before we leave."

And that's what they did, they went to a little cafe down the street from the Cameron's apartment, got a bite to eat, and started their journey back home.

The long car ride was filled with one another sharing their favorite memories over their weekend. Most of Rafe's being what happened in the bedroom behind closed doors, but Y/N didn't mind.

In fact, those were some of her favorites, too. She loved their intimate time with another. It was truly the closest she ever felt to him, and him the same.

Although, there was no clarity on what the two of them were doing, neither of them cared. They were completely smitten with one another and that's all that mattered.

It was dark when they pulled back into the outskirts of Outer Banks. Y/N's parents were fortunately out for the night.

Every Sunday, they went to dinner alone together and spent quality time with each other. It was something Y/N envied about her parents and always hoped for when she got married in the future.

Rafe helped her bring her bag upstairs to her bedroom, and sat with her for awhile as she put her things away.

"I don't want you to leave." She sighed, walking up to the tall boy sitting on her bed, making her way into the middle of his legs as he wrapped his long arms around her waist.

"It's not forever, baby."

The butterflies instantly filled her stomach. Rafe hardly ever called her that outside of the bedroom. But when he did call her that simple four letter word, it was enough to send her into a nervous rage that made her feel every emotion under the sun.

And he knew that, and that's why he did it.

She leaned down to kiss him, knowing he had to be leaving soon because her parents would be home any minute.

"Ugh, fine." She sighed dramatically, earning a small laugh from Rafe.

"It's only for a few days tops, you know, if you can make time for me without the pouges."

She rolled her eyes, playfully slapping his arm.

Her senior year started tomorrow, and he knew she would soon be drowning in homework and college applications and test prep. He wanted to make every minute count with her that he could, and he would do just that.

"Bye, beautiful. I'll text you as soon as I get home." He said, giving her one last goodbye kiss as he walked out the front door and left the driveway in his truck.

Y/N couldn't help but to smile as she realized he had left her one of his shirts. She immediately put it on after her shower, waiting for the arrival of her parents.

Like clockwork, they soon pulled up into the driveway. Y/N could hear her mother's tipsy giggles coming up the stairs and heading towards Y/N's door.

"Baby? You in there?" She said.

"Yes mom! Come in!" She exclaimed.

It was a long weekend without her parents. Y/N loved them more than absolutely anything in the entire world.

"I feel like I haven't seen you in days." Her mom sighed, pulling her daughter in for a tight hug.

Which was true, she hadn't seen her in days.

They spent the next forty minutes talking to each other about their weekends, her father coming in shortly.

The three of them had a habit of snuggling into Y/N's bed at least one day a week.

It was something they'd done for forever.

"Alright babe. Well, let's let you get some sleep. Big day tomorrow! Senior year." Her mom said, tearing up at the thought of her baby turning eighteen soon and moving out.

"I love you guys. I'll see you in the morning."

"Love you honey." Her father smiled.

Y/N sat in bed for the next thirty minutes texting Rafe, talking about her day tomorrow and his day as well. He had things to do with his father and he wasn't sure how much he would be able to talk, which made Y/N upset but she understood at the same time. 

Ward could be such a hard ass.

Y/N: hey, Rafe?

Rafe: yes beautiful

Y/N: say you'll see me again

Rafe: what? What do you mean?

Y/N: say you'll see me again. I need another weekend like this one. I need more you time.

Rafe: y/n, you know you'll see me again. you can't get rid of me that easily ;)

And just like that, she fell asleep clutching her phone, knowing she was in for the ride of a lifetime with Rafe Cameron.

a/n w:c 883. sorry it's so short. I felt so bad that I hadn't updated :( a lot of things came up and I haven't been able to write as much but I'm going to try and have 4 & 5 up by Saturday!! thanks for being so patient & for all the love <3 next chapters will be longer :)