t w o

(3rd Person POV)

Brooklyn and JJ were fast asleep by the time the clock hit 11. The first day of summer yet they were ready to click snooze on the next alarm. That may just seem normal to anyone else but the Pogues always had energy in them. Waking up early to go fishing or surfing or even just watch the sunrise, then partying all night long. That was just the Pogue way of life.

Soon, the sun came peeking through the curtains Brooklyn had forgotten to close. Stirring around from the shine, Brooklyn buried her head into the pillow she was laying on. She decided to be responsible and go close the blinds when she looked back at the most peaceful form of JJ. She looked back to the sleeping prince behind her. He looked so at ease. His jaw unclenched. His lips slightly parted. His hair, all in his face. She went to move it behind his ear when his eyes slowly blinked open. She realised how weird this would've looked. Waking up to your best friend staring at you, trying to move hair away from your sleepy eyes. 

"Looks like someone is awake," JJ chuckled. "God Brooks, can you close those blinds?". Taking a hand from his side, he covers his eyes. 

"Why don't you, Miss Sleeping Beauty?" Brooklyn sassed back, trying to get a rise out of him. His eyes flicked over to the blinds, then back to her. 

"You're closer, Rapunzel" The blonde responded, his eyes starting to shut as he tried to find a more comfortable position. Just then, Lyn hit his head with a pillow. She was standing off of the bed, ushering him out.

"Nnnno it's time to wake up. Topper's gonna come in here soon" Brooke warned him. Topper would come into her room every morning to talk to her before they separated for school. Even though it was the start of summer, he still liked to go catch up with his sister. Let her know if there were any kook parties she was invited to, not that she'd really been invited. Lyn walked over to her closet to fetch him a shirt she stole from him a couple of days before.

"Ugh Topper, still can't believe he's your brother" JJ groaned at the kookiness of his name. Brooke threw the shirt onto her bed. She rolled her eyes at the fact JJ was still laying down.

"Are you listening, JJ? You need to leave before he sees you here in this state" the curly-haired girl cautioned, more annoyed this time. 

"This state? Ya' mean half-naked in his little sister's bed?" JJ chuckled. 

"Nahhhh not that. I meant the state of your hair- Yes you dumbass now get moving," Brooklyn said in a sarcastic tone. She checked her phone. A couple notifications from Pope and JB that she wasn't gonna check. The time read 10:48 am. The girl shook her head for letting JJ stay this late. JJ crept out of bed, grabbing the shirt. He tried to put it on before Brooklyn stopped him. She walked over to take a whiff of the toned abed blonde standing in front of her. Her response gave nothing but gags.

"OH MY- WHEN LAST HAVE YOU TAKEN A SHOWER, YA NASTYYYYYY?" Brooks coughed from the stench. 

"Like.....Saturday. Stop being overdramatic" The blonde remembered.

"dude. It is Saturday. You haven't showered for a whole wee- never mind just go shower" The girl pointed to the bathroom attached to her room. 

"Relax, I can just use body spra-" "Don't be one of those guys. Throw away that Lynx Africa and get in the shower" Brooklyn interrupted, pushing JJ into the bathroom. 

"Wanna join or something?" JJ laughed as he looked at Brooklyn just standing in front of the door. 

"Oh. I'm in front of the- oh right my bad" She nervously announced before shutting the door. She heard the sound of the water spraying down in the shower. That was her queue to step away from the door and go choose an outfit for the day.