❥𝑃𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝐹𝑜𝑢𝑟•

The next morning had arrived, and though you spent the majority of the preceding night preparing for the trip - you didn't feel tired at all. Despite not having gotten much sleep, you had felt...wide awake.

Now that you had just arrived at the ranch for the morning, you couldn't help but feel anxious about how your next interaction with Michael. It was funny to think about how astonishingly the dynamic between the pair of you had switched. One minute, you had a love-hate relationship with him, and the next you barely knew the man.

You grumbled a little as you carried your relatively small, but slightly heavy, travel bag up the steps the led to the front doors of the mansion, promptly being greeted by Frank, who had run out to help you.

"Oh!" you exclaimed, rather surprised. "N-No, it's fine, I can carry it myself, Frank," you laughed a little. "I'm perfectly capable,"

"Well Michael specifically asked that I help you with, as he said himself, 'a possible travel bag, or suitcase' that he knew you were going to bring along," he shook his head as he took the bag from you, easing your share of the load. "I take it the pair of you had quite a vivid discussion about the trip yesterday,"

"You weren't there?" you raised an eyebrow at him as the two of you ascended the outer staircase.

"Weren't where?"

"Ah, you missed it," you grimaced in a suggestive manner. "You missed the exchange of words that everyone else got to listen in to,"

"Shit! I missed it?! Damn," he groaned.

With your features turning into a playful scowl, you hit him on the arm. "You're gonna be missing a lot more on your face if you keep playing with me like that," you huffed as he burst into laughter.

"What did you two argue about, exactly? The trip?" he inquired.

"More so the timing of the announcement to me about the trip. But...I suppose it wasn't just that that...got me frustrated," you lowered your voice toward the end, your mind racing back to the previous night.

"So what got you upset, really?" he prodded further, the two of you finally walking through the doors.

Before you could give him an answer, however, you were interrupted by the sound of Michael's voice - leaving you frozen for a few seconds.

"If I'm correct, the work day has already begun - so there shouldn't be any unnecessary loitering," he looked at you. "On (Y/N)'s part,"

"What?" you instantly felt yourself grow a little annoyed at his behaviour. "I just got here, I wasn't loitering. Get your facts straight," you muttered the last bit.

Well, I guess I don't need to wonder about how our next interaction will be anymore.

"You know what, I'll just take this and keep it safe for you until you need it," Frank awkwardly referred to your bag, hastily getting away from there.

"I already have your work outline ready for today. I've also prepared your outline for the meeting, and what you'll need to work on with me," he spoke softly, but firmly. "I'd suggest you get started now,"

A little baffled by his demeanour, you stared at him for a drawn out moment, noticing that he could barely keep his eyes on you for longer than a minute.

"What? No ceremonious way of making sure my morning doesn't start out as it should?" you referred to the fact that he always took pleasure in playing some sort of prank on you in the mornings.