I'll Give It Back

A while after science class, and hugging Clara, it was time to head to my next class. Gosh, why does lunch come so late? Clara says goodbye to me and heads off to her class for nerds. I head to the class I dread the most, besides gym. Math.

As I'm walking to class, the stupid idiot named Anthony approaches me, "sorry for yesterday, I don't know what came over me."

I don't care about his stupid apology, "mhm..." I responded.

I take the long way around, hoping Anthony will stop following me and choose the short route because he's such a teacher's pet and would probably hate to be late.

I was wrong, he follows me, constantly questioning me and apologizing. I stop to wash my hands real quick before walking into class.

"You're late." Mrs. Johnson scolds again, as I walk into the classroom.

I walk to my seat and Anthony follows behind me. "Sorry ma'am," the idiot apologizes.

"You have a bad influence on Anthony, now he is late too." She crosses her arms and glares at the two of us as we sit down.

Anthony just stays quiet and pulls out his notebook so he can start taking notes. I do the same except I don't take notes. I just draw weird shapes while Mrs. Johnson angrily teaches us.

"Kai, would you be so kind and let us know what I just said?" Mrs. Johnson attacks me verbally.

"Oh uhhhh..." I look up at the board.

Anthony nudges me with his elbow and I look over at him. He tilts his head towards his notebook and I suddenly realize.

"Oh uh, right, x1 added to x2 and divided by 2, as well as y1 plus y2 divided, is the formula for midpoint." I say, slightly reading off of Anthony's notebook.

"I- Erm okay then, just make sure you're paying attention." Mrs. Johnson says awkwardly.

Anthony smiles at me, I bet he is trying to make me not mad at him. Sure it worked a bit, but still, but I don't know why he makes me so mad. He is just a guy who wants a girlfriend, no big deal. I shouldn't get in the way. Then I remember,

The notebook.

I'll give it back.

I have to.

The bell rings and I get up out of my seat and walk out of that class as fast as I can, getting as far away from Anthony as possible and closer to Clara.

Don't follow me, don't follow me, don't follow-

"Hey wait up Kai!" Anthony runs after me.

He followed me.

"Oh hey Kai! Oh...hey Anthony." Clara says walking up to the both of us.

Anthony rubs the back of his neck and looks around awkwardly, "oh h-hey Clara. Nice to see you."

You're not even looking at her.

"Nice to see you too." Clara says in a weird monotone voice. She is probably trying to be normal around Anthony but is trying too hard. That's Clara for sure. We stand there in awkward silence, well those two do. I'm just deciding whether I should give back Clara's notebook or not. It can wait. But I swear, I will give it back...when the time is right.

"Oh mannnn, it's time for me to head to my next class." Clara lies, we have a five minute break between classes and it's only been about two minutes.

"Oh...y-yeah! I'll see you later!" Anthony says way too loudly as Clara walks off. I didn't even get to say hi to her, I hear Anthony mutter to himself, "I can't wait till we're dating."