Chapter 9

Illusion Casino and Resort

Las Vegas, California

May 7

0745 hours

I patted down the unconscious staffer but found only her wallet, where her driver's license proclaimed she was Mia Winters(Res E fans, I gotchu). Okay, now we knew her name was anything but Mia Winters. No self-respecting enemy agent would carry actual identification on their person unless they wanted to get fired.

I picked up the disguised cyanide capsule from the ground and turned to Erica.

"What should we do with this?" I inquired, tossing it to her. She deftly caught it and pocketed it.

"It's evidence, and we can also send a DNA sample off of this," She said, answering my questioning look.

"I thought SPYDER was too devious to hire known criminals," I said confused.

Erica gave me a look. "This isn't SPYDER."

I mentally facepalmed. "Okay, somehow they-whoever they is-knows where we are. How?"

"Did you check in with our real names?"

"Of course no-," I paused. "Shit!"

Erica glared at me. "Ben, that was an amateur mistake. Don't make it again."

I shrunk under her gaze. She may have kissed me(Let's go!), but she still cared about the mission.

She got up, looking annoyed. "We need to get out of here before they send someone else. When's the flight again?"

"Um...I think it's at 1:00," I replied, guiltily.

"You have everything packed?"

"Yeah," I said.

"Help me pack the car, and let's go for a drive. We can talk then."

I winced. "Okay."