Chapter 18

Bosawas Biosphere Reserve

Nicaragua

May 8(Finally it's not the 7th anymore)

0700 hours

The first thing I noticed was that my body didn't burn like the surface of the sun anymore. This was good, in my opinion. I was still sore, but I could move without excruciating pain.

I got out of my sleeping bag and left the tent/tarp thing, to see Erica eating a hard-boiled egg while sitting on a tree stump. She noticed me come out(You know what I mean Agent_Jaydenx), and cheerfully waved. Wait, cheerfully? Okay, either I'm dreaming or something is up. I walked over to her and sat down on a fallen tree. She handed me a container with three eggs.

"Someone's in a good mood," I teased.

She pulled held up her tablet, and I saw a map of the surrounding area. Part of it was highlighted in red; a big blocky section.

"What's that?" I asked, intrigued.

"It's a map of the land, but I've spread a few metal detecting probes around the area, and hooked them up here."

I was confused. "Um, Erica? There's no massive block of metal anywhere near here."

She gave me the look that used to be her standard. The patented, You're an idiot! look.

"It's underground," She said. I facepalmed. She laughed, I smiled.

"Of course, of course," I said. "But how do we get inside?"

She manipulated the image on-screen to show a 3D model of the metal structure. One part of it reached the surface, so I assumed that was the entry point.

Erica pointed to the protruding part. "This is approximately fifty feet that way," She pointed southwest. "...so we need to go over that place with a fine-tooth comb."

I nodded, polished off my eggs, and we got to work.

Sorry this one was so short, it was mainly filler, but it's going to get more intense, promise.