The New Start

I'd just like to say a massive thank you to everyone that has read my story so far :-) to be honest I wasn't expecting any more than 50 reads so thank you all so much :-) Hope x

The rest of that day at school was a blur. In lessons nothing was sinking in like it usually did, but I didn't care either

God my life couldn't get any more confusing.

I looked up at the clock hanging above the teachers desk. 3:29. I still couldn't belive that I wouldn't be living with my dad anymore.

The bell rang signalling the end of the day. shoot.

I made my way to the heads office slower than I thought was physically possible.

Once again I've been proven wrong.

I held my breath while knocking on the heads door.

Mr Clarkson opened it revealing  the two people from the care home  I saw earlier sitting in the chairs by his desk .

"You ready to go ". Chris said happily

"As ready as I'll ever be". I replied back with less enthusiasm

"Come on then" Lucy said.

we headed out the school, got into a black Mercedes-Benz and drove to where I'm assuming is west side.

**********skip a 4 minute drive*************

We pulled up in front of a huge house.
And believe me when I say huge I mean huge. It looked almost mansion like.

I must have been in my own world for a minute  or something because when I  snapped out of it I saw Chris holding my car door open looking at me with an expectant look on his face.

"Oh right sorry". I said while getting out of the car.

He laughed a little while shutting the door.

He then  quickly walked up beside me while jane walked in front and was now at the door.

I stopped in my tracks while earning a sympathetic look from Chris

"Hey April ? , your gonna be fine " Chris said looking at me with reassurance.

I gave a small smile back and continued walking towards the huge house with Chris beside me.

I held my breath while walking in the door.

Then a feeling I thought I never had was becoming known. I felt scared.

I have never been scared in my life. Only ever worried. So this was new for me.

I heard what sounded like a stampede running down the stairs. Chris nudged me lightly and gave a kind smile.

I gave an unsure/ sarcastic one back.

All the running down the stairs  had now stopped. And only then did I  realise why.

In front of me was around 14 kids staring at me. All but 4 looked around my age.

I gave a small unsure smile at them all.

Right you lot don't all crowd round at once , there  is something known as personal space, everyone has it and is entitled to it. Chris said letting out a deep sigh while walking into a room.

Some walked off but around 6 who looked my age stayed behind smiling at me.

One of the girls came forward.

"Hello  my name's skye. And this lot are Liam, Michael , Emily , callum and kai. She said pointing at each of them individually earning some annoyed  looks off the guys .

"What the hell skye, were capable of introducing ourselves ." The one I think called kai said sounding annoyed.

The awkwardness had just  risen dramatically.

"What's your name ?" the one I think was called Liam asked

" Oh yeah sorry. Hi I'm April " was all I could say due to the the awkwardness of the  situation I was In.

They all smiled at me. All probably feeling the awkwardness too.

I stood there with them all looking at me until Chris walked out and broke the ice telling them all to go pester someone else for a while.

They all glared at him before walking off .

"Come on I'll show you your room" Chris said to me.

I followed him closely. Don't ask me why.

He opened the door to a room signalling me to go in.

I walked in and he shut the door behind me.

I let out a massive sigh .

This 'new start ' isn't at all what I had thought it would have been like. And I think , I could possibly be liking it so far.

Sorry this chapter is rubbish I didn't know what to put really :/ sorry I'm really slow at updating. It's  coz I have my exams coming up and so I've been quite busy recently . Thanks for reading :-)
Hope x