Ghost Hand

-----At Mo Manor------

There was a man lying in one of the shabbier rooms in the manor, sitting on a blood array, with hair loose, horribly applied makeup. He had just been robbed and kicked, and looks like does not even have strength to get up.

This was Mo XuanYu, son of a cultivator and younger daughter of the Mo family. Because he was born out of wedlock neither his mother nor he was given any preference. They had felt a ray of hope when his father had called upon him to train him but that soon fell apart as he was driven back. Shamefully. He was a homosexual and had even had the nerve to harass someone from the clan. Since then he was either abused or neglected, and gained the reputation of a lunatic cut-sleeve.

It seems as if he had enough of it all. He had somehow got his hands on a copy of a forbidden technique to sacrifice his body and ask a villainous soul to take revenge on his behalf. The blood on the ground is the array for this ritual and the soul that he had called upon was none other than Yiling Laozu.

Wei Ying, Courtesy Wei Wuxian.

Finally after 13 years he was back to the world of living, and was welcomed with a nice kick in the stomach and vile words by none other than the young master of Mo Manor, Mo ZiYuan. The spoiled brat thought he had right to everything that is abused cousin had. And Lady Mo would of course not deny her son anything, and these are just few things and morals. Not enough to get angry over. And her darling husband (note the sarcasm), would do anything she says

All this added to his already sensitive condition until he finally could not take it anymore and used this ritual as his last resort. He would now be free of this constant pain aka his existence and someone would take revenge for him. Even if it was not out of love and care but forceful resurrection, he was happy.

But Wei Wuxian could only think, " You've got the wrong man" 

Sadly he had to fulfil the wish of his 'saviour' otherwise his latest death would be much worse(if that was even possible). The last death was just disintegrating with no body to be left behind, but this new one promises to not even leave his soul behind. So no more chances with any other ritual. He really needs to stop one upping himself.

So he tried. Hopefully thinking that humiliation could maybe satisfy Mo XuanYu. He made them lose face utterly in front of practically the whole village and a prominent sect that had come to help them with a minor problem they were facing recently. First of all they called his cute little corpses problem. Do they even realise they are more of a nuisance than those little corpses.

But back to the problem at hand. The humiliation didn't work. He knew it wouldn't, but he had a stray hope that hopefully maybe he wouldn't have to cause another massacre.

As he was going back to his shabby room to rest, he saw these young cultivators from prominent sect. Surely it was a prominent sect, that really likes to wear mourning clothes all year round. 

Maybe sometime he should ask what is their secret of keeping their pristine robes absolutely clean. But the outcome of facing another death kept him from satisfying his curiosity. Really this dying business does get boring soon.

But he couldn't just quietly go either right? His damn hero complex raised its snout.

Making a fool out of himself trying to check up on them, after all they were using his inventions (after criticising those very things when he was alive) .Of course it was because he had to stay in character and it was definitely not because he wanted to see the reactions on their perfect faces.