Strange Castle Stranger People

---- At Man Eating Ridge---

Wangji and AnHai decide to go in the dome to look for Jin Ling. Hopefully he would be just sightseeing, or at least not in much of a trouble and can hold out till they find him. Even if they didn't want to admit, they were a bit worried, albeit for different reasons.

Wangji knew Jin Ling is almost a nephew to Wei Ying so practically family, and didn't want him hurt .(Almost nephew because Wei Ying was still just martial younger brother to Jiang Yanli as he was not accepted/ adopted by the Jiangs).

AnHai was worried for Jin Ling as he didn't want the brat to find trouble without him being at least a witness so that the chances of him being hurt is not much, but just enough to teach him a lesson. Also, as he entered the castle, he had a heavy sense of foreboding and dread. It was like there was a presence in there that absolutely did not want them there. It soon became too much to bear and he started choking and gasping for breath.

Wangji realised that AnHai did not follow him so he went back to check on him. He found AnHai barely able to breathe, muttering inaudibly. He started giving him spiritual energy to help him. Soon AnHai could breathe better. He felt at peace being in Wangji's spiritual presence.

"Are you alright?" Wangji asked, still worried.

"Yes. yes I am feeling better now. Thank you." Anhai replied.

"No need. As long as you are alright".

 "I feel fine as long as you are near. Stay close and lets continue to look for Jin  Ling. He must be here somewhere stirring up trouble. "

"Mn"

They go further in the castle walking closely. Wangji was worried and was constantly checking on AnHai in case he has another episode. He wanted to be closer but somehow he couldn't. He reasoned it could be because it has been a long time since they last met and that too was in not so pleasant circumstances. Yes, that could be the cause of the awkwardness between them. Also last time he blurted out his confession, Wei Ying had coldly rejected him. Those words still echoed in his mind sometimes. 

'Get Lost'. 

Shaking off the doubts, he focused on the task at hand.

They reach a sort of a hall filled with coffins, with doors leading to more such halls. This is maybe connecting to the halls under the other stone castles. It is an underground elaborate burial home.

They looked in all of the connecting halls , enclaves, and hidden spaces they could find, but Jin Ling was no where to be found. The only place they had not checked were the coffins. Thinking that this kid would have been insane to even try burying himself, even in jest. But who are they kidding, it was Jin Ling.

So they opened the coffin nearest to them. Surprisingly there was no body inside it, not even a skeleton. It was not empty either. It contained a sword, a blade rather. 

Interesting. Very Interesting.

 Very Interesting