DWA

Robert Lewandowski.

So now the tall, dark, handsome stranger had a name.

As the afternoon went on, with more training exercises and mini-matches for Thomas and Robert, Ida tried not to look too obviously interested in Robert. Of course, she still thought he was gorgeous, sweat dripping down the sides of his face, soaking into his shirt. 

Every time he looked over to make sure Ida wasn't too bored, Thomas was unsurprised to find her looking at Robert. He knew that pretty much every woman around fancied Robert, and was not so naive to think that didn't include his little sister. What did make him concerned though, was that every time he looked at Robert, he was looking back at Ida. 

Robert had noticed Ida during the little match they had played to warm up. He'd spotted her and thought that she was incredibly beautiful, and far too cool to be related to any of the team. When he'd seen Thomas hug her and talk to her, he was astonished. Of all the players to be related to her, he hadn't expected Thomas. He certainly hadn't expected her to be Thomas' little sister. He knew that meant she was pretty much off-limits, though Thomas hadn't said anything about it. Robert realised that if he got caught looking at her, he may well say something. 

Training finished, and Ida met Thomas by his car. He drove them back to their parents house in Pähl. They talked about the day and the training as Thomas drove. 

"I saw you looking at Lewi" 

"I wasn't looking at him" Ida replied, looking out of the window. 

"Oh yeah? Well I thought you'd like to know that when you weren't looking, he was looking back at you" Thomas said, smiling as he pulled onto their parents drive. Ida tried not to look too excited. Since when had she become the kind of girl to get excited about things like that? 

"Ida's got a crush!" Thomas shouted as he walked through the front door and into the kitchen. Their mother, Klaudia, rolled her eyes as he walked in. 

"Thomas, when will you grow up?" She asked as she hugged him. His father, Gerhard, handed him a mug of coffee and poured one for Ida. 

"Never, just to annoy Ida" Thomas replied. He sat down at the table and tried not to laugh when Ida sat down next to him. He nudged her and raised his eyebrows. 

"Oh for God's sake, Thomas," Ida exclaimed, "I don't have a crush on Robert Lewandowski"

"I never mentioned Robert, did I?"

Ida rolled her eyes and drank her coffee, grateful that her dad had pulled Thomas into a conversation about football. She checked her phone to see how her latest post from the training ground was doing, and found something that surprised her. 

_rl9 followed idamueller

That was definitely unexpected. Maybe Thomas had been right when he said Robert had been looking at her after all. She followed him back and scrolled through his feed, no sign of a wife or girlfriend. Then, an even bigger surprise.

_rl9 sent you a message