PIĘĆ

Ida walked into the cafe in Munich to find Robert sat in a quiet corner. She sat down opposite him and ordered a drink from a passing waitress. 

"Come on then Lewandowski," she said, "impress me"

Robert smirked. 

"Do I really need to impress you, Fräulein Müller? Has Thomas not told you all about me?" Robert replied, stirring his coffee. To Ida, he exuded confidence and charm, but she could tell there was a sweet, gentle side to him too. 

"Actually, no. I did ask and he would only tell me that you're from Warsaw" Ida replied. She thanked the waitress as a latte was placed down carefully in front of her. 

Robert smiled at her, very different from the smirk he'd flashed her when she sat down. In truth, he hadn't been entirely sure she'd show up, and even less sure that she'd show up without Thomas as a chaperone. 

Ida talked about Thomas, and growing up with him, and her life now she lived half her time in Munich. Robert told her all about his upbringing in Warsaw, carefully skirting around the subject of his father's death, instead telling her about his sister Milena and his mother Iwona. 

They were only disturbed when Ida received a message from her brother.

esmullert
how's it going?
do i need to come and save you?

idamueller
it's going great i think actually

Ida had every reason to believe it was going well. Robert was hanging off her every word, and she off his. 

Eventually, they left the cafe and wandered down towards Robert's car. 

"Need a lift home?" Robert asked. 

"Thomas is driving me home, can you take me to Säbener Straße?" Ida replied. Robert nodded and opened the passenger door for her. 

The second they arrived at the Bayern Munich training ground, Thomas was on them. He didn't say anything, he just grinned and raised his eyebrows. Ida rolled her eyes and walked over to his car, but not before Robert gave her a kiss on the cheek. As she walked away, she tried to hide her blush.