Chapter VII: (After) First Day

KONGPOB POV

"How is your first day at work Kong?"

The universe if full of mystery. Every day you wake up thinking everything is normal. Then one day, you opened your eyes and everything that used to be usual became unfamiliar.

"Kong?", I felt a subtle shake on my shoulder.

"Pa.", I looked at him with a questioning eyes.

"How's your first day? Is it tiring? Are you feeling ill?", he touched me on my forehead. "You have no fever. Tell me what's wrong."

"Don't worry, Pa. I am okay. I am fine.", I paused and gazed on the window.

"Pa, have you ever felt like you badly want to save a person from his miseries?", I don't know how those words came out of my mouth.

"Of course! Do you know what's so special about us, humans?"

We have the ability to understand - atleast that's what I am thinking.

"We are warm, Kong. We are compassionate. It is innate in us to feel sad when people around us are sad.  We want to be heroic, because we can't bear to see people suffer. We always want to comfort people... and that is totally normal."

I grew up in the province, where life is simple and people are kind. It is not a secret that our family owns the biggest agricultural lands in the country, but my parents are not the type of people who do business for money. They do business for the villagers who relies on them.

He suddenly held my hand.

"Kong.", I turned my focus on my father's eyes. "Just promise me that whatever happens, no matter how difficult situation gets, you will always go back to your values. Always do the right thing."

I gave him a nod and smile.

"I promise, Pa. Thank you."

*ring, ring*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ARTHIT POV