Chapter VIII: Destiny

Lying is a human nature and that is one of the saddest part of being human. We don't know whether the person in front of us is telling the truth or actually playing with our minds.

However, there is one thing liars can't fake. It's their eyes. 

---------------------------------------------------------------

"Thank you very much Mr. Suthiluck for picking us, as your first client in Thailand.", Arthit took his seat after the awkward handshake.

"No, no. It is actually a pleasure to work with you. I heard a lot of great things about you and I am very happy to finally meet you, in the flesh, Mr. Rojnapat.", Kongpob sincerely explained.

"How about we both drop the prefix and surname basis? We will be working for I-don't-know how long, so how about we address each other on a first name basis?", Arthit wants to change the uneasiness of the environment.

"Definitely! Though, I heard how your secretary called you - Sir.", he paused. "Would it be alright to call you Arthit?", Kongpob asked.

"Of course! I have already asked Win to drop the formalities but he insisted on calling me Sir and he told me that's the appropriate way for Boss-Secretary relationship. Win has a very strong personality. You can't change his beliefs.", that was a lengthy explanation from Arthit. 

They are finally getting comfortable with each other. 

"How about I gave you a tour myself on the building? In that way, we can discuss the roles of the various departments and how they can help you with creating a plan?", Arthit offered to Kongpob, but he didn't wait his response. Instead, he stood up and immediately went to the door. He opened it for Kongpob.

"After you, Kongpob."

Win saw the situation and immediately approached his boss. "Sir? Is the meeting over?"

"No, Win. Actually, we have just started.", the two left the clueless secretary and started walking around building.

"Let's check your office first.", Arthit led the tour and opened a messy room. "Unfortunately, we don't have a spare room, so what our housekeeping team proposed is to convert one of the meeting rooms. They are still doing the renovations, including the acquisition of some fixtures."

"Don't worry about that, Arthit. I can stay in your marketing team for the time being. In that way, we can all collaborate, or maybe, I can stay in your office.", nice try, Kongpob, but unfortunately, Win will definitely not allow that.

"Great! Let's go meet the marketing team then.", Arthit joyfully exclaimed.

He obviously ignored the last part of Kongpob's statement.

"By the way Arthit, I have been meaning to ask you this. I hope you don't mind, but what changed your mind to accept your father's offer of having me?", Kongpob asked.

"Right. I really don't want to ask my father's help, but he slapped the truth to my face. If I will be stubborn and not listen to other people, I am going to lose my company. I have also realized that in business, it is not just you anymore. I have employees who have families who rely on them.", Arthit honestly explained.

Kongpob is puzzled as his expectations are way too low. He met Arthit's father and brothers and they were all worried about Arthit's immaturity and unpreparedness in business. 

"You are definitely right. I don't have a business of my own, but my parents have. More than anyone else, they owe it to the people who are working for them and I saw how my parents treat them all right.", Kongpob said.

He noticed the sudden change in Arthit's aura. 

"Are you still thinking about the scandal?", Kongpob asked. "It is normal to worry, but you have something here now that you don't when you started, it's me. I will help you, with everything I can.", Kongpob does not give advanced assurance to his clients, but this is different. He wants to take away the sadness in Arthit's eyes.

"Thank you for the assurance, Kongpob. It's just that this is very traumatizing for me. We are only a start-up business. We've been operating at loss and now we're facing a scandal. Investors are pulling out their investments. If it will continue, we will not have enough to pay for the salaries.", Arthit released a deep sigh.

"I understand. I have read the interim financial statements that Win shared to me prior to this day and I already have some short-term solutions while we combat the issue.", Kongpob reassured.

"Thank you Kongpob, I am glad I listened to my father's recommendation to have you onboard.", Arthit faced Kongpob and gave him a sincere smile.

Kongpob almost had a mini heart attack.

"Don't worry Arthit, maybe it is destiny that brought me to you.", Kongpob unconsciously uttered.

Arthit wasn't able to react with what his consultant said. Destiny? What does he mean by that? That's what he thought on his mind.

"I mean, to your company. I think it is destiny that brought me to your company.", Kongpob tried to save his ass from embarrassment.

Arthit nod and continued walking.