Chapter XI-A: New Project

"Congratulations Mr. Suthiluck."

Kongpob was too stunned to see Mr. Khoo on his office comfortably sitting early morning. 

Kongpod did a quick glance on his smartwatch before walking straight to his desk. 

7:54AM. That's what he saw.

"Good morning Mr. Khoo. To what do I owe the pleasure?, he remarked after taking off his coat and hanging it on his black swivel chair that he personally bought when he was moved to his own office a week ago.

"Well, Mr. Suthiluck. I would like to be the first to congratulate you for the success of the solutions you shared during the last Board Meeting.", he stated with a rather genuine smile.

It's not as if Kongpob isn't aware because he always receive a daily sales report from the CFO's office to see how the company is doing after the series of short term solutions. He personally asked his best friend's boyfriend, Gun, to extract the daily sales and to share the said report to him. He has been analyzing these reports to come up with a better, and hopefully, long-term solutions.

"However, our team also came up with the biggest promotional project that will serve as our final appeal to the people. If you know what 'save the best for last' means."

Of course Kongpob knows the praise and it is a self-explanatory, but he is definitely curious about this project and why would he described it as the 'best' finale project? He is right though. The company, at some point, will have to trim it's marketing costs and since the sales have been improving, just enough to survive another quarter, maybe it's time for the final marketing gimmick.

"Please humor me, Mr. Khoo. What's on your mind?", Kongpob asked with enthusiasm. 

"You will be the first person outside the corners of the Marketing Department to hear this biggest and grandest promotional project ever.", Mr. Khoo smiled again that gave a little creep to Kongpob.

"...and your point is?", Kongpob asked again. This time, with an impatient tone on his voice.

"Well, lately, our team felt like we are not really of a good use to the company and we want Mr. Arthit Rojnapat to see that we are still a competent department and that we can help him with the company.", he explained in a very sad tone. "Please don't get me wrong Mr. Suthiluck. We don't feel any remorse towards you and we are more than thankful that you are able to help the company."

How did I not realize this? Kongpob asked himself in silence.

The company has indeed a Marketing team composed of Mr. Khoo as the Department Head and two Senior Marketing Specialist under his wing. Kongpob, as considered by Thailand Media, is a marketing genius, a prodigy. What would you feel if one day your company hired someone like him despite having a dedicated department?

Kongpob felt sorry and understood why Mr. Khoo is now on his office minutes before employees clock in. 

"Our team is humbly asking for your help in backing up this project to Mr. Rojnapat.", he sincerely asked. 

"Mr. Khoo. I totally understand your sentiments and it is a valid feeling. I was once like you, worried that I might actually not bringing enough to the table to contribute to the company. However, I cannot promise you that your proposal will be approved by our CEO.", he grinned to make the situation a less awkward and to emphasize the uncertainty. I just joined roughly a month ago and I don't think I have enough impact for our CEO to say yes.", Kongpob sighed.

"No, what are you talking about? He did not hesitate to hire you... and now that the short-term solutions you presented gave good results, I don't see any chance that he will reject this project with your blessing.", Mr. Khoo confidently declared.

"I didn't know you have such a strong convincing powers, Mr. Khoo.", Kongpob leaned back and crossed his arms, gave Mr. Khoo a stare and suddenly stood up. "Okay, let's go to Mr. Rojnapat and present your proposal."

Kongpob took his coat, put it on and went straight to the door. 

Mr. Khoo froze for a few seconds before he turned around to Kongpob's direction.

"Mr. Khoo, what are you waiting there? Shouldn't we start walking already to our boss' office?", Kongpob smiled. [ahhhhhh!!! why am I picturing Kongpob smiling so brightly to me? I feel like I'm gonna collapse! lol!]

"Wait, Mr. Suthiluck. You haven't heard the proposal yet.", despite being so confused, he stood up and went to Kongpob's direction.

"Nahhh, don't worry. I trust you, Mr. Khoo. I am pretty sure you wouldn't come here and wait for me so early in the morning just to tell me a shitty proposal."

He gave Mr. Khoo a wink and they both walked towards their boss' office.

[Author's Note:

LOL! What do you think will happen? Do you think Kongpob will regret not hearing Mr. Khoo's proposal before presenting it to Arthit? See you at the next chapter!]