Chapter III: The Rojnapats

[20 minutes earlier]

Mint entered the Chairman's office with a puzzled face.

"What is this about, Dad?", he sat in front of his father's table and crossed his legs. "I asked your secretary, Bright, but he, too, has no idea, at all."

"Let's wait for your brothers. We have less than 20 minutes before Mr. Suthiluck comes in.", he put away the papers on his desk and placed in a tray with a label "SIGNED".

"Mr. Suthiluck? and who is that my dear father?", Tim entered the scene and immediately took the seat opposite his older brother, Mint. "Good morning, Brother."

"What's so good in the morning, Tim?", they all looked at the opened door where Wayu is standing with a coffee on his hand.

"Good, you're all here. Close the door Wayu and take your seat.", the Chairman left his chair and went closer to his sons.

"At this point, I am sure we are all aware with what's going on with your brother, Arthit.", everyone gave a nod to the Chairman.

"I asked Bright to give him a call, but Win was the one who picked up. He was obviously avoiding me. Did he contact any of you during the last few days?", he gave each of his sons a quick glance, but no one answered him.

The room was filled with silence.

"Dad, maybe we should let Arthit. The fact that he's not asking for our help, he's maybe working out something to save his business.", Wayu has a soft spot for his brother. No matter how strong his personality is, Arthit will always be an exemption.

"To be honest, I am worried about him and this is your fault, Wayu.", Mint stared at his brother as wickedly as possible.

"You filtered everything for him, so he doesn't know the impact of this harsh world."

"Did you ever tell him that you secretly hired bodyguards for him during his school days? That whoever tried to hurt him ended up changing schools because of your pathetic bodyguards?"

"You didn't let him experience anything on his own."

Wayu was quiet. Mint is right. He was overprotective of their youngest brother.

"Enough. The reason I called you all here is because I wanted to ask your opinion. I am so tired watching you all argue.", the Chairman raised his voice, but just enough to get the attention of his sons.

"Right, you mentioned something about Mr. Suthiluck earlier. What was that about father?", Tim immediately understood the situation and tried to redirect his father's attention.

"Suthiluck? Is that the prodigy known for his expertise in today's modern world marketing?", Wayu is the one in-charge for the overall marketing strategy of the Rojnapat Inc.

"Yes. We are talking about the same person. I had a meeting with Ms. Boonlupyanun, our company consultant, and she mentioned how our competitors lodged offer to Mr. Suthiluck following the news that he will be staying in Thailand for good.", their father explained.

"She wanted me to consider giving Mr. Suthiluck an offer, but I don't think we need him because our very own Mr. Wayu Rojnapat is already doing a great job.", their father continued.

"Exactly. Thank you, father, for believing in me. But, if that is what you think, why are you, or we, meeting him today?", they all grew a suspicion on their father's motive.

"Daddy? What are you plotting?", Tim bravely asked.

The three brothers were all waiting for their father's explanation, all eyes, all ears, when the silence was broken by Ms. Jiravechsoontornkul, the company's Human Resources Officer.

"Sir, I have herewith me, Mr. Suthiluck.", they were all surprised and turned to the closed door.