Secrets

The members of New L'Manberg have finally met one another. Or at least they think they have. All of these members are keeping something from the others. Even me, the narrator. Doesn't know what these things are. (Oops, broke the 4th wall. Oh well)
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
(Squigs5)
Skyler seems like a good person, don't get me wrong. Just... things in my past makes me feel.. well... different.... Like my father. He went to get milk from the store and never came home. All of this was just gonna be a new obstacle to overcome, I guess. What's the worst that could happen?

After running into Skyler and GigglingBug, the three of us decided to continue exploring the town to see what we could find. Eventually, we found a coffee shop in the shape of a coffee mug. We all got drinks and sat down on a nearby bench. Sipping our drinks, we look at the sunset, slowly setting below the horizon. It's peaceful. Maybe life here won't be so bad after all.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
(SkylerAmber)
Things seem to be going well so far... I'm my opinion a little too well.. I dunno.. maybe it's just the paranoia talking. Something from my past that I don't recall.

I do my best to ignore the feeling as GigglingBug, Squigs and I continue walking around the town. Coffee was nice, and the sunset was pretty. Once we departed for the evening, I decided to give The Innit Hotel a visit. Something about it seemed familiar, but I couldn't place my finger on why.

Upon entering the building, I noticed something unusual. There appeared to be trapdoors open ajar by the base of the ladder. Out of curiosity, I decided to see what layer below the trapdoors. What I saw shocked me.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
(❔❔)
"I shouldn't be here" Damn. Some way to start a series...

I look up groggily from where I was laying. The sun's bright in the sky, blinding to look at. Where was I? I tried remembering how I had gotten here with no luck. It felt like I was locked out of those memories.

As I slowly stood up, I took in my surroundings. I appeared to be on top of a stone head of some sort. Around me, I could see buildings and a obsidian structure not far from where I stood. None of it looked familiar.

I fly off to explore the rest of the place, not sure of what to expect.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

(PastelDragon)
I wake up in front of a large obsidian frame, similar to the one I had just stepped through. What happened? The last thing I remember is walking through the portal, then the world going dark.

Where was I now? I know before I was in some sort of castle, but now... where was I? The sun was starting to set, and it was getting chilly. I hurried off to see if I could find a building to stay in for the evening. I would have more time to explore in the morning, or so I thought.

As I was speed walking to find the nearest building, I noticed a shadow fly through the sky. "Must've been a parrot" I say to myself. I finally find a building with a sign that read "The Innit Hotel". Reading the word "Hotel" made me think this would be a safe space to spend the night. As I enter the building, I notice a figure already there, looking underneath a trapdoor...
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
(SkylerAmber)

I look down the hatch to see a ladder and a hallway underneath. Right as I'm about to climb down, I hear something move behind me. I look back only to see an empty room.

"I swear I heard something" I say to myself, as I climb down the ladder. Suddenly, I hear a noise and look up to see a person standing above me. Startled, I fall off the ladder, landing on the not-so-comfy ground.

Looking up, I see the person looking down at me, the look of concern briefly crossing their face. Who are they? As far as I could recall, I've never seen them before. The person climbs down the ladder, and offered me a hand. "Sorry for starting you. Didn't mean till soon ya like that" the person said as they help to host me up. "The name's PastelDragon, but you can call me Pastel" they responded.

"Nice to meet you, Pastel. Any clue where we are?" I ask her. "Was gonna ask you the same thing." Pastel replied. As we continued to chat, Pastel told me about a castle she awoke in and how she had a bad feeling about the town. Then she asked me a question I knew I would regret answering in the future. "Wanna join the opposition?"

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
Author's Note:
Finally finished the chapter. (At least to my liking as of now) credit goes to TheLateNightHermit for the mysterious character. More on them in future chapters :)