Chapter 17

I woke up to Embry shaking my leg. I calmly stretched and look at her. "It's our last day in Southside Atlanta for a while." Embry said happily. "Cheers to new beginnings she said holding her face cheesing." I smiled at her positive energy. "Come on cook some breakfast before we start our day."
I got up used the bathroom and brushed my teeth while Embry showered. We're best friends so we're comfortable around each other. We know each others body parts down to our birthmarks and scars.

I washed my hands and prepared breakfast. I made pancakes from stratch. Jason goes crazy for my pancakes. I sighed thinking about him. I cooked pancakes sausage cheesy eggs and grilled potatoe chunks. As soon as I poured us some apple juice Embry came in the kitchen. She wasn't dressed for the day yet. She wore her bonnet a pink tanktop and spandex shorts. Her feet were in her bunny slippers. She plopped on the high chair. "Mmmm smells good." She said as I slid her her plate. She went to dig in. "Hold up let's pray." I said. "Thank you for the food God please let it nourish us and keep us in good health Amen." I said. Embry dug in.

After we ate Embry washed the dishes while I showered. When I came out to dry off she was looking for something to slip on. I lotioned myself. "I left my clothes home but I know I have underwear and at least one outfit here."I said. Embry opened her last drawer which had three items in it. She threw me my PINK polka dot panties plum tank top and my grey drawstring shorts. "Wow I've been looking for these I said holding my shorts up." I have a pair of holographic slides I bought from target here. I slipped my feet in them. I brushed my thick hair into a bun and washed my face applying cocoa butter. My skin looked good so I posted on Snapchat.

Brielle ⬇️

I received a lot of love

I received a lot of love. Pretty girls football players from school and other boys around the way sent me drool emojis. People show me love often but I've been receiving more nowadays. I replied thank you to some of the boys. When they messaged back trying to get somewhere with me I left them on read.

Embry ⬇️

Embry wore a tan tanktop with black champion shorts similar to mine

Embry wore a tan tanktop with black champion shorts similar to mine. She brushed her hair in a medium ponytail and applied lipgloss. She applied cocoa butter to her skin and slipped her feet in her champion slides. She grabbed her keys as we headed out.

We walked through the mall and enjoyed the sun. We sat at the park and drunk icees while we talked. Anyssa texted me to come see her before I leave. Embry had to make a stop so she dropped me off to Anyssa's while she did so. She told me it would only be about twenty minutes. Majority of my clothes are on campus. I'll get the things at my mom's house when I come back for a weekend. Embry had way more clothes than me so she had two more bins to bring.

"When I come back we're leaving from here okay?" Embry said. I nodded and told her to drive careful. I texted Anyssa that I was outside and got out. When I made it to the door of her huge home she texted me back saying "It's unlocked come inside." As I stepped in the house Anyssa was washing potatoes. "Princess! Give me a hug." She said happily. We gave each other a big hug and rocked side to side. I miss her even though we constantly talk. She's the only mother figure I have. "I love your hair." I said looking at her. "Thank you girl blondes have more fun you should join the wave." She said swinging her hair. I laughed "I'd rather stay basic with my black hair for now." I said. Anyssa chuckled as I walked to the living room taking a seat.

She sat on her couch looking youthful looking at me. "Look at that pretty brown skin. How you doing boo?" She said in her country accent. I smiled "Good just getting ready to go back to campus now." I said. "Did Jason drop you off because he's not here?" She asked strolling through the channels of the big screen tv. "No." I sighed looking sad. She rolled her eyes and shook her head. "I know you love my son Princess but don't be sad over him. Jason is too deep in the streets right now." She said fussing about his ways. "Cheer up hun you're a college freshman that's big!" She said being positive.

"I know Miss Anyssa. I just haven't talk to Jason since yesterday." I said honesty. I was getting ready to tell on him. "What's going on she asked?" I dropped my head feeling the sadness all over again. "A girl is pregnant for Jason. There's nothing I can do in this situation anymore." I sighed. "I'm not who he wanted." I said feeling the tears. Anyssa jumped up in shock. "What?" She yelled as if she didn't hear me. "Jason has a girl pregnant and she's keeping it." I said. Those words coming out of my mouth pierced my heart.

"I saw them together yesterday. Instead of interfering I'd rather fall back. I hate being problematic." I said as my voice cracked. I started wiping my tears. She came over to hug me. "Oh my gosh Princess I'm so lost for words." Anyssa came hugging me. "Stop crying." she said wiping my tears. This made me cry harder. I tried not to but I couldn't hold the tears in plus her hugging and comforting me made it worse. "I can't." I wailed. "I'm hurt." I exclaimed. She wiped my tears some more. "You're too pretty to be crying Princess. Listen to me." She said. I looked up at her with watery eyes. "I love you like a daughter so I'm not telling you anything I wouldn't tell my own. Let him go for your sanity. If he wants to be with you he will fight for you. Jason's dad played with me until I cut off his access and you know what he did? He got it right but his timing was too late. You have school to focus on." She said. I nodded and sighed. Anyssa bought me tissue.

I wiped my face and nose as she watched me with understanding eyes. "I've been your age before hunny. Trust me I had a cute shape at eighteen as well. I gave my virginity up to this boy I thought I loved. He left me for an even younger girl and she had a baby on him. He tried to come back but I was too happy with myself to let him return. It will hurt but it will pass." She said. I sighed and nodded. "I love you for Jason but you can't force it. I'll always love you no matter what Princess." She said. "I love you too." I said in the saddest time ever.

Twenty minutes had passed and Embry wasn't back yet. I needed a nap. "Head up to Jason's room and take a nap." He probably won't be back anytime soon. By the time I finish cooking your friend should be back. I hesitated. "Go ahead." Anyssa assured. I didn't want to run into Jason but I know he's probably in the streets or with his baby momma. I went to his room and wanted to rip everything up. I grabbed my extra PINK slides from his closet and lie down to take a nap.