Chapter Forty Nine

Olivia Thorne

Later that night when everyone else had gone to sleep and for once Adrian had succumbed to sleep before me.

I however lay awake for no specific reason.

Getting out of bed I take one of the navy blue robes out of Adrian's closet which was four sizes to big and went to my ankles.

I then walked out of the room and out a side door onto the promenade before going to the end of the foredeck, and looking over the ocean.

It reminded me of the view from Adrian's bedroom in the Hamptons, how as far as I looked I could see the ocean except for the shoreline of Monaco and all the surrounding French port cities.

From where I stood I could pick out Odeon Tower and wondered what Hunter, Ava, Riley, and Mia were doing, probably doing random childish things that the boys often could be found doing.

"It's one of Adrian's favourite views" Kate's voice breaks the silence I had been enjoying for the past probably two hours and I turn to see the raven haired girl walking towards me.

"Cities at night, that seems fitting" I muse.

"He may not always seem like it but he likes the simple things in life he thinks they are worth more then money, how else do you think all of those boys would be so close they're the closest all of them will get to having brothers" Kate says.

"He told me he liked simple things, well gifts during Christmas" I say crossing my arms to keep myself warm.

"Sounds like Adrian, I've never seen my brother so happy, not until he met you, he didn't let anyone get close to him even the boys only knew so much, Nico knew more but Nico and Adrian are also the most tight lipped people I've ever met".

"Why me though, I've asked him and all of his answers to or about that question relate to how I intrigued him and eventually he fell in love with me, not that I have any room to speak by the time we went to Waccabuc the first time in October I loved him".

"If I had to guess I'd say because you were everything he ever wanted, smart, humble, kind, reserved, there's probably more but honestly you were perfect for him and him for you".

Giving her a confused look as I didn't fully understand what she meant as stupid as that makes me seem.

"Riley hinted at how you two were always closer, faster then anyone else around Adrian".

"I didn't trust boys when I got to Thornbrook that's why I asked about all of them especially your brother who seemed very different then how he really is".

"He's a teddy bear at heart that's all that really matters, because I doubt Ava would have let you be with someone who was an ass and she was around the group before you" Kate points out.

"Adrian's complex, but I'll admit I am too, and I'm glad I met him, not because of his wealth because he's exactly what I wanted in a boyfriend" I admit.

"I remember telling him one day he would find the right person and I'm glad he finally did, anyway I need sleep and you don't really seem tired" she says.

"Good night" I bid, and she repeats it back to me before walking away.

After a few minutes I headed back towards the entrance into the yacht, and found my way back to Adrian and mine's room.

Pushing open the door I see him walk out of the bathroom, and I give him a confused look, before glancing at the clock.

4:18

"Adrian what are you doing awake?" I ask.

"I could ask you the same" he says crossing the room into the closet.