Prologue - Between the Ataraxia

Prologue takes place a year before the events of the game.

She looks over the vast landscape of the Euthymic Utopia, which was her home, Avalon. It's been years, decades, or centuries perhaps..? Since she last saw her mother and Gawain. She spent her time there learning more about her father's magic. 

She was tired of her father's random antics, pulling pranks on her every now and then. Especially during sparring time, where he would hit her with a beam as she parried with his blade. "Hahaha! Even your uncle falls for this as often as you!" He joked, which made his daughter pout in annoyance.  

But one day Merlin had vanished--nowhere to be found and all that remained was a letter he left for her. 

It said that he was sealed up by Nimue, and that he had given this to her as his final wish before she locked him up. 

She crumpled the letter with a distasteful look on her face, all of this had to be a joke at some point, right? 
No matter how many pranks he had pulled on her, she assumed that this isn't really one. 
It's the real deal this time. 

She had no choice but to take his place as the overseer. The one who oversees the world from within the Garden of Avalon. 

As easy that may sound, that job was no joke. It required a person's full undivided attention to the world. And for her, it was hard to fully committing to the bit and for that, she doesn't even receive a reward for it. 

"Fou fou fou!" (Take a break already!) yapped the white squirrel-like creature beside her.

She sighed deeply and patted his head with her dirtied fingers. "...Fine, I'll take a rest for a bit." 

And off she went to her bed, seemingly exhausted and yet all she did was watching over the world with her clairvoyance that she inherited from her father. 

Cath Palug jumped on her bed and slept beside her. 

Ah... My dear beloved,
my noble and beautiful flower of evil,
You are the fairest in the land.
──Mirror, mirror on the wall,
who is the most...

Both of them couldn't breathe for the lack of airway inside the closed chamber they were sleeping in, it was getting hot in there too. 

──O thee, guided by the Dark Mirror,
Follow thy heart's desire and take the hand of the one reflected in the mirror. 
Flames that incinerate even the stars,
Ice that imprisons even time, 
The great tree that engulfs even the skies, 
Fear not the power of darkness. 
Now──demonstrate thy powers.

For me. For them. For you. 
We are all running out of time. 
No matter what, never let go of that hand.

Tell me, (Y/n).
Do you really want to put your life at stake just to put the world on salvation?

.............

That's what I thought.
Well then, Messiah, show the whole world how blessed you are──even if they want to shoot you down.

"May the world be free of its burden (sin) and place it upon me instead."

"Be forgiven, be forgiven."

"Let our sin be forgiven."