Chapter Sixteen

"All right. We have a plan. Six Stones, three teams. One shot." Steve says as you all gather around in a circle on the platform of  the Quantum Time machine, wearing the Quantum Suits, except Rhodey who has a bulkier repaint of the War machine armour.

Going full Captain America mode, Steve looks you all in the eye and give a speech. "Five years ago, we lost. All of us. We lost friends... We lost family... We lost a part of ourselves. Today, we have a chance to take it all back. You know your teams, you know your missions. Get the stones, get them back. One round trip each. No mistakes. No do-overs. Most of us are going somewhere we know. But it doesn't mean we should know what to expect. Be careful. Look out for each other. This is the fight of our lives. And we're gonna win. " 

Tony gives Steve a look "Whatever it takes. Good luck."

Referring to Steve's speech  "He's pretty good at that."

"Right?" Scott looks very excited by the whole thing.

"All right. You heard the man. Stroke those keys, jolly green." Tony get everyone moving and ready.

 "Tractors engaged." Bruce confirms, playing with buttons.

Addressing the shrunk Benatar in Clint's hand, Rocket looks at him "You promise to bring that back in one piece, right?"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay. I'll do my best."

"As promises go, that was pretty lame." The racoon replies.

Nat looks at you, smiling excitedly  "See you in a minute."

You smile back before you all shrink and enter the Quantum Realm, split at different intervals, going to a different place at a different time in history.

You're part of the first Group which has Tony, Steve, Bruce, & Scott in it, Tony wasn't thrilled at having you but Steve swore you wouldn't leave his sight and as long as you didn't touch it, you'd be able to help locate the tesseract. You find yourselves in New York in 2012. The Chitauri snarling and the iconic circle take around the six Original Avengers assembling before panning over to a side street where you had all materialised.

"Christ, you guys took on those things?" You look up amazed. 

"Yeah it was awesome" Scott said in awe watching the original six before turning back his attention to Tony, Steve and Bruce.

"All right, we all have our assignments. Two Stones uptown, one Stone, down. Stay low. Keep an eye on the clock." 2012 Hulk passes by them, smashing everything in his way. Bruce puts his hand on his face, embarrassed.

 "Feel free to smash a few things along the way too Bruce..." you wink playfully at him. 

"I think it's gratuitous, but whatever." Present Bruce pretends to smash things in a sarcastic way. He tears his shirt off, and walks over to a car. He lightly punches the car, making a small dent, all the while making growling noises. He picks up a motorbike and throws it at a wall, wincing as it hits the wall.

"You know I kinda miss Hulk..." You say to Scott, having not met him a lot, from what you'd seen he seems like fun.

. . . 

Present Tony Stark flies around Stark Tower in the Mark 85. He scans the interior of the tower, and sees the original Avengers apprehending Loki, the backside of the iconic moment of Hawkeye pointing the bow at Loki's face while the Avengers surround him.

"Got to hustle, Cap. Things look like they're just about wrapped up here." Tony says through comms whilst you and Steve walking towards the elevator inside.