Goodnight.

He ended up falling asleep to the calming sound of the guitar, his breath slowed and peaceful.

Tommy hadn't slept this well in forever.

After Wilbur knew for sure that he was asleep, he set down the wooden instrument, watching over the sleeping boy as if they shared blood.

Wilbur knew they weren't, but he couldn't help having a soft spot for Tommy.

Phil wants to adopt him.

The prince reached out and ran his fingers through Tommy's soft hair, untangling knots as he went.

Tommy hummed in safety and satisfaction, leaning into the warmth of Wilbur's hand.

He just smiled in return, scratching behind his ears slightly.

They sat in silence for a few seconds before Wilbur went to leave, accidentally waking Tommy in the process.

"Sorry, go back to sleep,"

Wilbur moved the blanket up past Tommy's shoulders, tucking him in just like Phil used to do when he was a boy.

"You can stay for a little longer if you want, I liked your guitar,"

Tommy's voice was slow and slurred, tiredness covering his tone.

"Would you like me to stay?"

He wouldn't be upset either way.

"Yes,"

A fond smile placed itself on Wilbur's lips as he sat back down at the end of Tommy's bed.

"How many songs can you play on that thing?"

The younger asked in clear reference to the guitar.

"Quite a few, would you like me to play some more?"

He nodded, pressing himself further into the bed.

Wilbur carefully picked his guitar up and moved his hands to their correct positions.

"I've heard you play in the town once."

"Oh really?"

Tommy hummed underneath Wilbur as he began to play.

"You've got a really nice voice,"

He complimented, a part of him still refusing to get used to this, as it would most likely never happen again.

"Thank you, Tommy.  I bet you've got a nice one as well,"

He fake scoffed at the compliment, a happy smile on his face.

"I don't sing, but thanks Wilby,"

Wilbur's hands paused on the strings, head turning to look at Tommy, who was somehow asleep already.

He kept playing and tried to shrug it off but something about the nickname made him smile uncontrollably.

"No problem Tommy,"

He put his guitar on the floor and leaned back against the wall, closing his eyes.

"Goodnight."

(392 words)

(Aw, they're bonding.  Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, sorry it's so short, as I said in an announcement and in the author's note of Running Away's new chapter, I'm running low on motivation.  I'll still keep writing but there may be big gaps in-between chapters.  That's all.  Have a good day you goblins, bye!)