Chapter 1 - His Basketball Style

"I missed them... I'm still missing them..." I grunted as I rested my chin on my arms while staring at our family picture. I guess people really never forget how they made others feel.

I was loved and cherished. I was the luckiest daughter in the world for having parents like them. But they left me. No matter what I do, they can't be here with me. They won't be here beside me anymore.

Everything won't be the same anymore...but I have to move on. I have a life to live. And I know they wanted this.

Riiiing. I was brought out of my musing by the sudden ring of my phone. I flinched as I grabbed it, the screen showing up the name of my childhood friend.

"Hey, Sharlene! Are you coming or what?! I've been here for 30 minutes. Your maid said you'll be here in a sec. But where the hell are you? What's keeping you so long? If you're not coming, then I'll go ahead. I can't be late, the game will start in a few minutes," my childhood friend, Luhan barked on the other line. He's really that mad.

"Wait! Wait! I'm coming with you. I want to watch your game," I answered quickly, groping for my things. I dashed out of my room.

------------

My ears hurt by the deafening squeal of the people and the speaker system inside the gym but I felt good. It's been two years since I stepped inside a basketball court. I never thought I'd be able to watch a basketball game again.

I glanced around, caught up in the excitement of the crowd.

The game was about to start, my eyes focusing on Luhan who had just finished his warm up. I blamed myself for coming up late here. He could have a 30 minutes pre-match warm up before the game started.

The game finally started. Everyone was thrilled. It was a match between Seoul High School and Seoul international School.

The scream became more ear-splitting.

I held my hands in hope, rooting for Luhan's team. I knew they would win.

The game went on. Luhan's team Seoul International School's leading. I was so into this game! I cheered every time they made a shot.

I was in the midst of my excitement when someone caught my attention. I narrowed my eyes. "He's good!" I exclaimed.

My eyes widened as I realized something. "Wait! Is my Dad reincarnated in him? The way he reached for the ball, his basketball style. It's just like my Dad's."

I stared at the guy with number four printed at the back of his uniform. "So, he's the captain of the team just like my Dad," I hissed.

My eyes suddenly became watery. I was missing my Dad again. "Dad, are you there looking over me as I watch this game?" I whispered to myself.

I shrugged, bringing myself back to my senses and focusing on the guy with the captain and point guard position of the opponent's team.

He's perspiring, his face glaring with sweat as he breathed deeply, talking seriously to his teammates. They're probably plotting a strategy to somehow reverse the situation.

Their team's losing. I gave the guy pitying stares. I felt like walking down the bleacher to gave him water and wipe his sweating forehead. He must have worked hard for their team to win.

The game finally ended. Luhan's team won.

I was happy at the same time I felt sorry for the other team. Luhan waved to me, indicating that I should come down and congratulate and meet his friends.

I stepped down but stopped as my eyes suddenly sneaked a glance at the guy of the other team. I was confused but a part of my mind was telling me to meet the guy so I rushed down and went to the other side of the court.

I was looking forward to meet him when....

"Seriously, are you okay, Miss? Our team just lost and you're asking for my autograph?" the guy snarled, almost yelling at me. He looked pissed off as he walked past me in disbelief.

I was shocked. My hands quivered, holding the paper and pencil that I quickly fumbled around in my bag.

He's handsome but his manners required improvement for him to be pleasing. I was so dismayed by his rudeness.

His teammate approached him. "Hey, Kris, what happened there?"

The guy just shook his head. "Nothing. Just some crazy fangirl."

The two went off, leaving me in tears. I really felt like crying. I heard his teammate called him Kris and I read the surname "Wu" printed at the back of his shirt.

So he's Kris Wu, captain and point guard of Seoul High School basketball team. It's just too bad that they lost in their first game. Maybe that's the reason why he's pissed off.

But he shouldn't have poured out his anger and frustrations on me? I was being nice to him. I just wanted an autograph 'cause he had my Dad's skills and technique. My Dad had a lot of fans, boys and girls alike. And I am his biggest fan.

He had his basketball style. Maybe he's a fan of my Dad. I could be his fan, too.

Then I smiled silently to myself. "Kris Wu, our first meeting maybe a mess but wait till you got to know me. You can't just ignore me like this?!"

I am the daughter of Junjin and Eugene Kim. Nobody messes with the Kims? Nobody messes me around.

=============

I hope you find my new story interesting ^^ It took time for me to update 'cause I was kind of busy :(

Please vote or comment :D

Thank you!!