Chapter 1: Splatfest Training Turned Embarrassing

Welcome to the remastered version of SMG4 Story: A Tale of Mario and Meggy. If this is the first story you have found: Welcome to Inferno Narratives! We hope you enjoy our stories. You are welcome to read the original version first to get a feel for the difference in writing styles and story-telling! It really is a drastic difference for only 1 1/2 years!

 You are welcome to read the original version first to get a feel for the difference in writing styles and story-telling! It really is a drastic difference for only 1 1/2 years!

An
I N F E R N O N A R R A T I V E S
Production

As the sun rose on the horizon, a warming orange color filled Mario and Luigi's room. Mario slept peacefully, thinking about yesterday's events. He had successfully survived another day of training with Tari, Luigi, and Meggy. He didn't want to wake up because today was going to be an even tougher day in training, but he knew he would have to go one way or another. Mario let his eyes flutter open as he adjusted to the light. Below his bunk, his brother, Luigi slept, snoring quite loudly.

Mario: Luigi, shut the hell up!

Mario lifts his alarm clock that had clearly been repaired multiple times and chucked it down at Luigi. It missed him, but the shattering of it woke him up.

Luigi: Hey! What the hell Mario? I was still sleeping you know.

Mario: I don't really care. Now we can get to our day! It's Spaghetti time!

Mario kept off his bed and bolted to the kitchen where his breakfast spaghetti was waiting for him. He pulled the concealed container out of the fridge and tossed it into the microwave and let it heat up for a minute. He dug into it like a madman after removing it, stuffing large scoops of spaghetti down his throat. He was able to stuff over five plates of spaghetti into him before he realized it was gone.

Mario: Where the f*ck is the rest of my pasta!?

Luigi: *exhausted* You ate the rest for dinner last night, remember?

Mario: No! This can't be!

Luigi: Why don't you go to the grocery store and get more then?

Mario: I would, but it's too far away, and plus, my driver's license was revoked due to our prison escape last week.

Luigi: Mamma-Mia. *annoyed* Well, give me ten minutes and I'll drive us there. *mutters* Can't believe you even had a driver's license still, sheesh...

Mario: *excited* Yeeeaaaahhhhhhh Bo-

A knock came to the front door, cutting Mario's celebratory chant off.

Luigi: Who would be here at 7:30 in the morning?

Mario: I have no idea. Why don't you check it out?

Luigi: I need to get dressed for the day. You do it.

Mario: Fine!

Mario steps to the door and listened closely to pick any sound up from the other side, thinking it was just some kids trying to prank him.