11

"Hi, you must be Kim Taehyung, right?" said a tall, broad-shouldered man.  He nodded in response, still somewhat confused. "Here, I brought you coffee. You seem nervous."

Taehyung appreciated the gesture, and took the disposable cup in his hands.  He took a sip, and the man continued.

"I'm Dr. Seokjin.  Namjoon's husband" introduced himself.

SeokJin sat next to him, holding his own coffee cup in his hands.

"Joon told me about his case," he said.  "Problems with pregnancy?"

"Yes," he answered curtly.

They were both silent for a few long minutes.  While one was thinking about how to break the tension, the other only cared about the well-being of his partner and her puppies.

"My pregnancy was complicated too," he blurted out suddenly. Taehyung didn't seem fazed.  "I may be omega, but being a man complicates things."

Taehyung didn't say anything.

"That was my first pregnancy ... The doctors said that my baby would not pass the fifth month, and if it did, it would die as soon as I gave birth." His voice trembled a little, but it did not break. "Even Namjoon said it ... Of course it was worth it.  I knew she would have it.  Something inside me knew."

Taehyung thought about Hoseok, and how he always thought about what it would be like to have his children in his arms at last, completely ignoring the relatively few chances of achieving it.

"Against all odds the ninth month arrived, and my baby was still alive.  But my delivery was high risk.  According to the doctors, either my baby died or I died.  And hopefully both survived. ”A tear slid down his cheek, which he instantly wiped with the sleeve of his robe.  "Total, they took me to the emergency room, labor began, and ..."

Finally, Taehyung looked at him strangely, not hearing a continuation of the story.

"And what happened?"

Seokjin gave a little laugh.

"That my Soobinie turned two years old a month ago."

They both smiled weakly.

"Thanks for the coffee, Jin."

"No need," he said, patting her on the back.  Courage, everything will be fine.  "My husband is the best in these cases."

He smiled at him and said goodbye, starting to walk elsewhere.  Meanwhile, Taehyung tried to listen to him, and relax.  His stress wouldn't help Hoseok or his pups.

"Everything will be fine," he repeated to himself, "Everything will be fine."