Epilogue

April 10th

Dear Diary:

Today I am seven years old! My parents prepared a very nice party for me, with pink ribbons and chocolate cupcakes. And since there was sun all day, we went out to the patio and played a lot.

So I woke up very early and put on my new dress. It is yellow with white details. Uncle SeokJin was planning to give it to me for my birthday, but Uncle Namjoon accidentally gave it to me a week earlier. I think Uncle Jin got a little upset. Uncle Joon is clumsy at times, but Uncle Jin loves him very much.

Appa Hoseok tried to bake me a birthday cake, although I don't think he did that well, because a lot of smoke started coming out of the oven and Appa Taehyung scolded him for it. So they better went for a cake from those on the shelves of the bakery. It smelled delicious, but Appa told me not to touch it until the party started.

He was very impatient, he already wanted everyone to come to play and taste my delicious cake.

Many came to my party. The grandparents, Hana, Yeri, Yoongi, Yugyeom They are all friends I met at school. The first day I didn't want to go because I didn't know anyone, but Yoonie came up to me at recess and invited me to play with his friends. Since then they are my friends too and we have many adventures together.

Uncle SeokJin and Uncle Namjoon came with my cousin Soobin, although if I tell you a secret, he is not really my cousin, but my parents and his parents are very close friends. In addition, since he also has two dads, he defends me when the other children make fun of me for not having a mother. I love Binnie very much, she is my best friend!

When it was time to cut the cake, everyone sat at the table that Appa Hoseok set on the patio. Yeri was somewhat distracted and she sat in the chair next to me at the beginning of the table. I hurried up and told her that she couldn't sit there. She asked me why, and I told her it was reserved for Jungmin. She seemed to remember and changed her chair. Yeri is very forgetful at times.

Jungmin is my little brother. Appa Taehyung told me that he went to heaven when he was just a baby, and that he and Appa Hoseok were very sad about it. But he also said that Jungmin is like a little angel who always takes care of me from above, and as long as we keep the memory of him alive from him, he will always be with us. Although I'm not quite sure what he means by that, today is his birthday too, so Jungmin deserves a seat of honor.

Then Appa Taehyung brought my cake. Chocolate flavor, my favorite! I counted and had seven candles. He carefully lit them, and they all began to sing "happy birthday." I smiled until I could barely see. They finished and I thought my wish. I know it's bad luck to tell you, but I'll still tell you because I like you: My wish was that all my friends be happy forever

And I also wished for a TaTa and Mang stuffed animal.

Then I blew out the candles very hard, as I had seen the big bad wolf in the cartoons. Everyone clapped and my favorite part of birthday parties arrived, eating cake! Appa Hoseok gave me a big slice, even though Appa Hoseok told him that he shouldn't give me that much, but it was delicious!

This was the best birthday ever!

With love

Kim Dahyun.