Chapter Seven: A Mother's Love

My clothes are scattered across the floor. Riley's yanked numerous clothes out of my closet. Brook threw almost most of my clothes out of the drawer. This was insane! I'm never going to find the perfect outfit to wear for tonight! Yes I'm finally going on a date with Logan!? The last time I went on a date it didn't end to well. The boy had a girlfriend and I ended up with a slap in the face. Lifting my red velvet long sleeve dress "How about this?"

Riley shaked her head no "That just screams Grandma" she went through the rest of my clothes. I threw my hand's up in frustration. Sam knocked on the door even though it's open.

"Someone just pulled up outside, a red convertible?"

I got up from the floor and ran out the room, downstairs out the door. A woman got out the car. "Are you just going to stand there or help me with these bags?" Mom asked with a toothy smile. I ran down the steps and into her arm's. I missed her so much! I know but we have this best friend/ mother relationship. Unlocking the trunk my mom bought ton's of groceries. Thank you! Those boys could really clean you out of food. All they do is eat!

Watching Tv "Throw me a bag of chips man"

Going upstairs "Make me a sandwich please"

Going to take a shower "Pass me a coke"

Time for dinner "Man, I'm starving what's their to eat? I ain't eat all day" Are you sure??? Boys eat more than girls and most of them don't even gain weight! Grabbing a couple of bags my friend's helped.

Dad walked outside "Jenny, I thought you had to work today?"

She walked up the steps handing him her bags "I'm off for a week and why not spend time with my family" she pecked his lips. Eww! Gross. Don't you hate when your parents do that? It's so embarrassing!!

Once we carried all the bags in, Mom started on breakfast. I'm so happy that cereal and pop tarts weren't on the menu. Sam and Brook sat outside just talking and flirting, they are so cute. Riley and I stayed in the kitchen with my parents. Mom passed Riley and I a bowl to stir the pancake batter. Dad cracked some eggs adding it in.

"Nothing like a home cooked meal, momma always say" Riley mocked her country mother. Ha-ha her mom is really country like just hear her talk and you be like now that's country.

Dad laughed, turning on the faucet "Oh Riley give your mother some credit I mean she does make the best butter milk biscuits"

I licked my lips just thinking about them and indeed they're delicious. Mom dashed some flour on dad's cheek "You don't like my biscuits!" she teased.

Dad wiped the flour off his cheek and chuckled "You know I love your cooking but.. Charlotte's is just a tad better honey" he teased her back.

Mom laughed along with us. Tilting the bowl over the pan letting the cake batter pour smoothly "Don't listen to Dad he's just jealous that he always burns up food" I lied with a laugh. My Dad can cook but he chooses not to sometimes. Mom can cook too it's just his taste better ha-ha.

Dad ruffled my hair "You're such a bad liar, am I right or am I right?"

Riley lifted her spoon "Agreed!"

"Riley!"

My parents laughed as she shrugged saying he's right. After helping them a little bit they took over. Mom had prepared some pancakes and bacon while Dad had made eggs and toast. The smell of such food made my mouth water. Riley and I helped set the plate's on the table. Breakfast time!!

Everyone had came into the kitchen taking a seat. Jacob is the last to take a seat and he's sitting right in front of me. How awkward! We haven't well he hasn't spoken to me since that night in the kitchen. I feel really bad for what I said but it was true well not completely true.