Useless

It was after school. Ranboo and I were meeting up at my house.

I let us in. I was slightly nervous, what did he mean by the truth.

Ranboo immediately gets to the point and we sit down on the sofa. "Y/N, this happened before" Ranboo says.

"What do you mean?"

"Before this, before you and Tommy, before the literature club, this happened. Every time this world resets I have to remember. I knew Tommy existed but I couldn't tell you, Wilbur would've killed me!"

"So you knew.. and what do you mean by you have to remember?" I ask him a bit shocked.

"I am forced to live this life over and over again, I have to remember all the bad things that happened to me. I had to cut myself, starve myself, get abused and worse. But in every life I meet you, and we fall in love. But now that I think about it, I don't think you love me that way anymore..."

Tears well up in Ranboo's eyes. I feel tears rolling down my cheeks as well. "Ranboo I'm so sorry" I say and I pull him into a hug.

"Ranboo, I don't love you" I say quietly. "I know, and I'll have to deal with that myself"

"I'm so sorry this happened to you, I'll stay by your side. Not as a lover but as a friend" I say and I put a hand on his cheek. He puts his hand over mine.

"I don't think that will be possible, Y/N. You see, my purpose is to fall in love with you. If you don't love me back, I'll simply be useless" he says and I start crying again.

"You're not useless" I say and Ranboo moves my hand away from his cheek. "You'll have to do this without me" Ranboo says and he walks to the front door.

I follow after him. "Ranboo please, stay here" I say hugging his arm. "Y/N, stop" Ranboo tells me and he pushes me away.

He goes away and leaves me in the hallway of my home.

Why can't I just love him? Why is love this complicated...