Child

Muqing finds himself strolling around the palace corridors, away from the crowd and noise. "It's peaceful here... "He takes a deep breath. "I should just accept this already. I knew it would hurt, I knew it's one sided, I knew he hates me, I knew.... ?"

A slight noise from afar caught his attention. "....fengxin's ugly kid? " Cuo-cuo, Fengxin and Jianlan's son. Muqing's heart ached at the thought of it. "?" A god was kicking the poor ghost kid. It alerted him, and immediately walks towards them.

"Tch you ghost kid, you don't deserve to be in this holy place. " The god kicks cuo-cuo hard. "Same goes to your disgusting mother! " he spits. " Poor Nanyang, he must be tricked to married her! "The god gave one last kick , with spiritual energy this time. Cuo-cuo growled in pain , unable to move more.

"You!! What are you doing to cuo-cuo?! " Muqing's voice echoed. The god jolted up in surprise. "A-ah.. Xuanzhen jiangjun, I can explain... " "What is there to explain, I heard everything clearly. " Muqing squats down and examine the ghost child. "Nasty bruises... How is he even a god" "Even if he's a ghost, he's still an innocent child, it is wrong for you to treat him this way. "

Cuo-cuo lowers his guard at Muqing's gentle and comforting touch. He made a silent cry and soon faded into unconsciousness. "Hmpf! General Xuanzhen, getting bewitched by the ghost child?" The god crosses his arms. "Why did you do this. " Muqing demanded. "What do you mean why? As a god I'm just doing my job! Getting rid of this dirty thing—" He was punched in the face before he can finish. "Y-you!! " his hands on his swollen cheeks. "Shut up. "

Even though seeing cuo-cuo made his heart aches, he'll still save the child. He doesn't care that cuo-cuo had left his hand a scar or harmed him before. Muqing love kids, and this is fengxin's son. He'll protect those who are dear to fengxin even if he's hated.