Free

After settling Muqing in the isolated room,  Fengxin storms back to his sleeping chamber. He opens the door roughly, surprising Jianlan who's sitting on his bed, tending to their son cuocuo. "....Fengxin, you have yet gave me an explanation." She frowns, carressing her sleeping son's small swollen head.

Fengxin sighs. He first calms his anger and sat next to his wife, then started explaining the whole situation. "It is fortunate that my junior official witnessed it, or else that bastard could get away from what he did. " He clenched his fist. "As much as I want to punish him longer, but the Emperor has stated that Muqing shall be freed after cuocuo wakes up and confirmed to be fine. "

"General Xuanzhen... Did this to cuocuo? " Her eyes widens , Jianlan couldn't believe it, since she knew Muqing tried to save them mother and son once but to no avail, and received backlash instead. "But why.... " "that's just how he is, he probably can't stand an ugly being in front of him. " Fengxin huffs . A hand smacks him hard from beside. "Don't call your son ugly, and.... I don't think General Xuanzhen is someone who will do this. "

Everyone have been believing that General Xuanzhen will have a quick release, but they were wrong. Unexpectedly ,General Nanyang's son have been asleep for months. Jianlan too have not been resting well ever since cuocuo was gravely injured.

".....and that's all for today's report. " Nianzhen stood confidently. "Good , you may continue your job I've assigned you." Fengxin waves him hand, signaling Nianzhen to leave. The official bows in respect and slowly steps out of Nanyang's office. A slight small smirk formed on his lips before stepping out. "This junior will perform his duty with all his heart."

Fengxin rests his face on his palm, failing to pay attention on his job. His desk is full of scrolls and brushes, as well as messy inks staining everywhere. "I wonder how Muqing is doing... " he stares into the mountain of scrolls which doesn't even belong to him . Ever since that day Muqing received punishment, the officials of Xuanzhen palace have been working harder than usual. It took Fengxin days to realise. Xuanzhen's officials are turning similar to lingwen, pale and all having eyebags. Without their general, it'll be their jobs to sort prayers in his place.

Fengxin took pity on them and offered to help. The officials were mad at first but they knew, they couldn't keep up with the heavy workload. And so they reluctantly accepted the offer.

For months, Fengxin have been sorting prayers secretly of both palaces, nanyang's and xuanzhen's. He may be fierce and still mad, but there's still a piece of fragment in his heart where it belongs to muqing. He cares for his rival, but hate showing it. The reason why Fengxin ordered Muqing to be grounded in his palace.... It's not that he doesn't trust him. Just ,Fengxin wants Muqing to stay close to him, and also so that he can receive reports on how Muqing is doing, ensuring his worry mind.  As much as he wants to see the general itself, he can't. Fengxin doesn't know what he'll say when he sees muqing again, and was afraid of hurting him again... Just like that day. He regretted his words and actions a lot after seeing how heartbroken muqing's expression is, resulting him not daring to visit even once after that.

On the 6th month, cuocuo opened his eyes . Jianlan hurriedly barged into Fengxin's messy office. "Fengxin! Cuocuo have finally woken up! " She said in tears. The sudden news surprised him. He stood up immediately and hurried towards their sleeping Chambers. "Cuocuo! " he called out to his son. He checks his son's condition from top to bottom. "Good, it's no longer serious. " He sigh in relief. Jianlan carries Cuocuo in her arms and turns to Fengxin. "Since cuocuo is up, that means general Xuanzhen's punishment is also over right?"  Fengxin nods his head lightly. "Yes, I'll .....personally free him and send him off. Jianlan, you should rest. Cuocuo is fine now so you don't have to worry anymore." A mention of muqing made cuocuo perks up. "Xua.. En...?" Fengxin pats his head. "Shh, it's all right cuocuo, general xuanzhen won't hurt you anymore after this punishment." It was supposed to comfort the ghost child but it did the exact opposite. "Aarr??! " cuocuo made an angry sound to fengxin and had Jianlan giggled. "Pff, I guess he still hates you. " Fengxin 'tsked' at the child and prepares to leave.

Jianlan can sense that Fengxin is feeling troubled. "I will rest ,and...good luck with general xuanzhen." She bows, wishing everything will go smooth for fengxin.

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

"Qing er~" Nianzhen , who's sitting on a chair in front calls out, only to be ignored. He 'tsked' at muqing's behaviour. "I CALLED YOU DIDNT I?! " His voice boomed and echoed throughout the chamber. Muqing flinched at the sudden shout. "A... A...." He trembles as he slowly crawls over to nianzhen. Sounds of chains filled up the chamber as his uneven movements goes. He kneels in front of the angry man,trembling even harder.

Compared to the past, it is obvious that muqing's conditions has been weakened a lot. He wasn't given proper meals, daily tortures and harrassments. From afar his figure might look even more ladylike than he was. Messy hair, skinny, and empty eyes. If he were to walk out now, no one can even recognize him.

Nianzhen grabs his chin up to face him. "That's right, general should be submissive to me. " He leans down to muqing's face, eye to eye close to each other. Seeing muqing's empty eyes Nianzhen can't help but smirk widely. "Qing er... You're reaaaaally beautiful!" Fingers brushed over muqing's dry lips. Slow and roughly, Nianzhen places his lips on muqing's, devouring the general as he likes. Muqing let out a soft pained moan, his vision blurred and chest tightens. Nianzhen had his tongue explored around the hot cavern, not leaving a spot unchecked.

Author's note:

sorry guys!! I actually had this draft for months and forgotten to publish it....*dies*