Chapter three

The voice sounded like it had been right behind him, upon instinct, Dean turned and tried to punch the intruder in the face only for the stranger to catch his fist and hold onto it tightly. Dean had been in shock as the stranger stepped out from the darkness.

"Who the hell are you?" Dean demanded as he had pulled his hand away. "And where did you come from?!"

"Bold statement from the man who broke into my house!" The man responded. "I don't like visitors," he snarled. "Tell me why are you here?"

"Why don't you tell me who you are," Dean said. "And this dump can't be your house, it's not even a house! It's a fucking castle!"

"Watch your tone human," the man warned. "You may know me as the ghost inside this place but my name is Sam," he explained. "Now that you know that, get off my property," Sam demanded.

"See I would but that's not happening," Dean responded. "I'm the new caretaker of this castle, and you don't even scare me," he continued. "And would it kill you to get some lights in here?"

"Yes actually it would," Sam answered. He had the urge to flash his fangs at Dean but wanted to keep his cover. "If you're the new caretaker then you should go," he said. "There is a reason I live alone,"

"No can do compadre," Dean said as he walked over to his blade and pulled it out from the wall. "I'm staying here which means you're stuck with me," Dean walked over to the room he had been in and before he stepped inside he turned back to the individual. "Now don't try to scare me anymore, I'm a lot tougher than I look," He turned and entered his room making sure to slam the door shut and place a chair on the handle. Sam grumbled under his breath considering he was now stuck with a new visitor. If Dean wasn't afraid then why had he tried to block the door? Sam quickly realized that trying to get Dean to leave was fruitless, he seemed to be quite fearless.

That didn't mean he liked having a human here, every time someone came over his vampire instincts told him to drain them dry. Sam resisted them because he didn't want to kill anyone, but he was still a vampire and needed blood to survive, so he lived off animal blood. It was disgusting and never filled him the way human blood would, but Sam still refused to drink it unless the person was willing. He left the castle for the reminder of the night so he could grab a bite, and came back just before sunrise. While he was closing the curtains since Dean kept opening them, he picked up someone's footsteps coming down the staircase. Sam wondered where he was going since he claimed that he wouldn't leave.

"Where are you going?" Sam asked.

"What? Am I not allowed to leave the castle now?" Dean answered sarcastically. "I have to go talk with my boss, and I'll be back this afternoon," he continued. "By the way stop closing the curtains I need to see,"

"But I'll burn up," Sam told him. Dean scoffed. "I'm a vampire,"

"Vampires don't exist so don't play that card," Dean said before he opened the front door and left. Sam remained in the castle as he felt that he wasn't going to give up on scaring Dean off. Staying silent, Sam walked back to his chambers as he was thinking deeply about ways to get rid of Dean. Meanwhile, Dean had arrived at his boss's office and as he was walking in he saw Cassie who was back behind the table.

"Hey Cassie," Dean said as he approached the desk. "Is your mother here?"

"Yeah she should be up in her office," Cassie responded "Oh, Dean, I was wondering if you thought about my offer,"

"What offer?" Dean asked taken aback by the question.

"Well rather than coffee," Cassie said. "I know this nice restaurant in Cluj Napoca, it's here in Romania and I wanted to ask if you wanted to go there with me, I get off in a few minutes so I thought maybe you'd want to get some lunch," she continued. "The place is called Fragment," Dean thought about that for a second and he realized that he hadn't checked out the area nor met up with anyone new. The only person he did know was Benny but Benny wasn't the type of person to go out to fancy restaurants. Plus it wouldn't hurt to explore the area in the first place.

"Well, seeing as how I don't know that many people, sure," Dean said "just let me go and get my payment," without another word, he walked up to Bela's office to receive his payment. However, he hadn't realized that Cassie was only trying to get some form of scoop to tell her parents and if that meant she had to get closer to Dean to find out if there was actually a vampire living in that castle then that was all she had to do, she watched Dean's retreating back as her father stepped out of his office.

"So," Gordon said. "Has he taken the bait?"

"He's down for going on that date you suggested, dad," Cassie said "But do we really have to use him? He's only an innocent boy,"

"That boy is the only person we can talk to about that castle," Gordon responded. "Don't tell me that you're getting a soft spot for him,"

"No of course not," Cassie said. "It feels wrong though,"

"Sweetie, when you're old enough you'll understand," Gordon said. "Keep us posted, and don't leave anything out,"

"Yes father," Cassie said reluctantly.

"That's my girl," Gordon said as he kissed his daughter's forehead and walked away from her. At the same time Dean had come out from the office with cash, he placed the cash in his back pocket as Cassie was getting ready to leave for the day.