iv. taste

.・゜゜✧・taste・✧ ゜・.
─流浪的孩子 ❲❀❳

[liam kissed haydenwhile dating theo]

[liam kissed hayden
while dating theo]

They sat there, just sat there and said nothing. Not a word left their lips. They could hear students chatting eagerly and going to their cars to drive home from school.

And both just sat there.

The sun was no longer shining, hid behind dark gray clouds and cried, letting raindrops fall down. Every now and then there was lightning and the thunder howled to send a shock over the back of people, so that the hairs on the back of the neck stood up as if they had sensed danger.

Liam and Theo were sitting on a stone wall behind the school. Their legs tumbled down and the rain caught them freezing cold.

It wasn't an unexpected meeting; the chimera wanted to pick up his boyfriend from school. When they saw each other went slowly to the wall and Theo stole a kiss, which in retrospect caused scratchy goose bumps on the older man's skin.

Because he could taste it.

Since then, they have been silent and both of them pursued their own thoughts.

Liam wondered what he could say, whether he was ready for what had happened and whether he was sorry - whether he should apologize, but above all how he should apologize.

Theo waited. His head rattled and he tried to keep his heart pounding under control. At that moment he didn't want to give Liam power. Because a part of him - the part who had executed his comrades in cold blood - this part didn't want to show any weakness in front of his friend. He didn't want Liam to know he was hurt. Usually Theo was himself, he could show emotions because he trusted Liam. At least that was what he did a few minutes ago. The confidence was gone.

"So, no excuses?" asked the older boy and after many minutes he looked at his friend, who, like himself, was completely drenched in the rain. The raindrops ran down his blonde hair and one drop or two made him look like he was crying.

Theo couldn't help but think that Liam Dunbar was beautiful at this moment.

"I'm afraid that no matter what I will say you will go." Theo took a deep breath of bitterness in Liam's voice before he wanted to answer.

But he said nothing. His lips trembled.

This situation was absurd. It was a breeze because they both had bigger problems, bigger obstacles together, than a measly kiss with Liam's ex-girlfriend Hayden Romero could ruin their relationship.

But Theo was broken, his heart - Tara's heart in his chest felt like it was falling into a thousand pieces.

"Why?" Theo asked, looking up at the sky and enjoying the gentle patter of the rain on his face. He leaned his hands on both sides and kept his balance so as not to fall off the wall.

"It was rash and ... I let the moment guide me." Liam was shaking all over, not because it had gotten cold, because he was afraid that Theo would jump down and leave. Just as he had feared.

"Fuck you, Liam."

Liam bit his lower lip to keep from crying, he knew it. He screwed it up. He made a mistake and lost Theo with it.

Theo, who always protected him. Theo, who picked him up from school every day, saved him, stood by his side.

Theo, whom he loved.

"I love you." was the only thing Liam whispered. He looked longingly at the chimera, who was also looking at him again. But what he saw broke his heart.

Theo's eyes were ice cold, emotionless and cloudy. They no longer shone, they were no longer full of love.

"Was it at least fun, Liam?" The question came condescendingly from Theo and his old arrogant smile, which he gave up a long time ago, came to the fore. He built up his walls, filling every corner with contempt.

"It wasn't like that .. I'm sorry, really. You have to believe me." Liam's words were like begging, but Theo was not deterred. No longer. Liam had kissed her. He had kissed Hayden. He had crushed their month-long relationship and thrown it in the trash like it was just garbage.

Liam betrayed him.

"No."

"Theo, please-" Liam reached out to grab the older man, but Theo jumped off the wall and turned away.

"The irony, Liam, is that everyone thought I was going to break your heart. It was the other way around."

Liam could see Theo's tears. Even when they were obliterated by the cold rain. He saw the pain he had caused. He did that. That was him.

"We're done." Theo walked away, walking down the path of rain, following the path of solitude and leaving his broken heart broken. The person who had made him believe that he deserved love, that the heart in his chest belonged to him, who filled the ice-cold emptiness in his chest with life.

This person was ultimately the one who tore his heart out. And Theo knew he would never forget the taste of Hayden Romero on Liam's lips.