14

it was now christmas eve. me and jj were expecting the baby in a little over three weeks.

we had the pogues over for "family christmas" as well as my dad. him and i had become a lot closer. i still haven't heard from my mom but i hope she and austin are ok.

we ate christmas dinner, played an appropriate game of white elephant, and exchanged some gifts before my dad left at about nine, leaving just us pogues.

i got up and waddled to the kitchen to grab drinks. when i got back, jj motioned for me to sit down on his lap. i did as he said.

"so have you two decided what her name is going to be yet?" john b asked.

i looked at jj. we had tried, but we always ended up fighting and it became useless.

"no, we'll probably just wait until she gets here." jj shrugged.

sarah groaned. "ugh just decided already! the suspense is killing me!"

"okay okay! we'll try! y'all will be the first ones to know anyways!" i laughed.

we talked about baby names for a little bit but nothing seemed to fit.

"pope, can you believe this is gonna be us in a few months?" kiara said, nonchalantly.

we all laughed at the joke before realization hit me.

"your pregnant!?" i screamed.

pope and kie looked at each other and started to laugh. he pulled her into a kiss.

sarah was the next to scream. "kie you're having a baby?"

"we figured out the week after thanksgiving. it definitely wasn't planned but, i'm so so happy. we're gonna have babies at the same time lex!" kie squealed.

me and sarah engulfed her in a group hug and the boy's congratulated pope.

i felt myself start to cry. "oh my gosh, lex are you crying?" pope asked.

"yes! i'm just so happy!" i cried.

jj came and hugged me. "all hail the pregnancy hormones!" he joked.

i started to laugh cry and slapped him. "shut up!" i screamed.

we did a pogue secret santa. i had sarah, and got her a necklace with her name on it. john b had kie and he got her a bunch of puravida anklets. sarah had pope and she got him a cap. kie had jj and she got him a cap as well. pope had john b and he got him a button down hawaiian shirt.

this left jj with me. he gave me the most gorgeous necklace i have ever seen. i cried, again.

"why are you crying baby?" he laughed as i opened the necklace.

"because it's beautiful and i love you. and i'm pregnant." i sobbed.

everyone laughed as jj pulled me into a tight hug.

everyone went home right before midnight. i was still awake and so was jj.

the clock had struck 12. it was christmas. i went into the living room where jj was oddly sitting on the couch.

"merry christmas baby!" i exclaimed as i sat beside him, rubbing his shoulders.

"thanks." he mumbled.

i turned to look at him. "what wrong hun?" i asked.

"nothing" he said bluntly.

i reached over to grab his hand. "j..." i started when he jerked his hand away.