5

September 18, 2021

Just felt the need to update this for no reason.

I am not feeling well these past few days due to my neck discomfort that later on reached my ears and cheeks, that's why I haven't been able to write here lately.

But I am feeling better now, compared yesterday and the day before, it was worse.

We went to the hospital last Thursday, September 16 to have my check-up. The doctor gave a prescription medicine and adviced us to have a serious-serious check-up at ENT.

While waiting for the laboratory results outside the hospital, reality hit me.

COVID-19 positive patients were everywhere in the hospital. We were not even aware that the patient beside us at the line was a COVID-19 positive.

I am not humiliating or belittling them in any way, to be clear.

My point is... outside world is indeed scary because there is no reassurance that we could go back home safely.

Because everyone we encounter outside might be carrying the virus.

So if anyone is reading this, if you can, please get vaccinated. 🙏

Anyway, today is more like a me-time day.

The first thing I did in the morning was start a school work due at 12 noon. (My mantra: Due today, do today. Emz)

Then my mom and I had breakfast before she left the house.

I continued doing my module and thankfully, I was able to finish it before the deadline.

My mom adviced me to take a bath early so I did  that after washing the dishes.

I also put hot compress on the back part of my neck because it kinda eases the discomfort I've been feeling.

Oh, btw this is my list of to-do for today

and so far, I was able to do more than half of it

(omg before I forgot, I already have my cellphone YAAAAYY. my mom got my dad and I cellphones ON HER BIRTHDAY - and thank you Lord, for another year for my mom, really - but it's weird that it's her day yet we are the ones who received new items LOL this family)!

I honestly enjoyed filming some tiktok videos but I kinda not pleased of seeing myself dancing in front of the camera because I look too fat.

Not a big deal tho. I am in the process of accepting and loving myself more because if I will not do it, then who will?

I always think that I do not need to fit in the society's expectation so I would not feel the need to pressure myself not to eat this and that, and workout like her and others, etc.

I am happy and contented but of course I am not disregarding the option to be fit someday, too.

I always say, "Kapag kaya ko na," because honestly, as of now, my neck really can't handle some kind of heavy workouts while the only thing that's keeping me sane is, of course, food.

So what do you expect LOL.

I no longer have anything to say actually... but I am just really grateful that my family and I are safe and sound amidst the pandemic.

I am grateful that I am no longer having sudden breakdowns.

I am grateful that we always have food to eat and a home to live in.

I am grateful that we are still able to study and that we have gadgets to use for online classes.

I am grateful for everything.

Ciao ^^