V

some days passed.

both Yae and Ei couldn't stop thinking about each other's words. Ei was starting to see Yae's point, and Yae wasn't sure about Ei's thoughts.

despite being friends for centuries, both of them didn't know what to do, what to think, how to act.

maybe, Ei needed to stop the process of reaching eternity. unfortunately Yae was right, and the archon knew it.

"what is going to remain of Inazuma ?"

"is it worth it ?"

"what's on the other side of the ocean ??"

"it feels like i've lost every will to live."

"i can't remember a single thing ..."

« oh my ... » people's words kept echoing in her mind. she couldn't concentrate at all. after her talk with Yae it was like everything changed, once again.

Ei forced herself to clear her mind of these thoughts and kept meditating. she couldn't afford distractions, not now, not ever. she needed to find the answer, the right path.

Yae took some days off after her meeting with her old friend. she was worried about Inazuma, as Ei was guiding the nation towards self destruction. "the head of a nation mustn't ruin it just because of their personal interests. Ei's behavior is just pure, straight up selfishness ... she's behaving like a little kid."

Yae was taking a stroll around Chinju Forest. the atmosphere was dark, there. gloomy even, but Yae didn't mind. Chinju Forest was filled to the brim with little, blue and luminescent flowers, which illuminated the way out and in the wilderness she could hear the sound of running water, as there was a pond with a little fall connected to a river which flowed directly to the sea to the side.

it was relaxing; the air was chilly and was caressing Yae's cheeks. the kitsune sighed and kept walking, lost in thought. for the first time in a while, she didn't know what to do.

she felt surprised, as she thought Ei would've actually listened to her words.

maybe, next time i'm going to try to guilt trip her, she thought. she kept walking, and after some time she arrived to the edge of the forest. she stopped to observe the scenery. she noticed some sakura blooms, and she remembered how Ei used to catch some and asked someone to prepare a dessert with those, as their flavor seemed exquisite to her.

Yae let out a breathy laugh. she remembered that time when Ei tried to cook and actually made a mess, and after that time she said she never wanted to cook again.

she remembered Ei's friends, and how they all used to meet under a sakura tree every afternoon, eating and chilling.

those were happy times.