Chapter 6

I feel a slight nudge in my shoulder. I try to shrug it off but whoever it is starts to nudge me a little harder. Why can't I ever sleep in peace? The smell of Pine and cinnamon  I slowly open my eyes inadvertently yawning in the process. I here a slight chuckle released by the nudger and I groan.

"What do you want?" I ask annoyed swatting away at his hand as he reaches for my shoulder again.

"We are here. Do you want to go into the cabin or are you going to spend the night out here?" he chuckles again. I open my eyes completely and look into his beautiful eyes.

"I can do it myself." I sign as a I move to get out of the truck. Shawn puts up his hands in defense and starts to unload my luggage. As my feet hit the ground my legs decide they don't want to work and I lose my footing. Before I can hit the ground two muscular arms wrap around my waist and lift me up. He lifts me up against his chest and carries me into the cabin. 

"I can walk you know."

"Sure, that's why you fell on the ground. It was all in your plan. Stay here while I get the rest of the stuff out of the truck." He sets me down on the couch and walks back out the door. I took at the cabin and take in my surroundings. The cabin itself is huge. It is a two story house made out of log. The floors are an dark auburn color with a pearly white carpet lining the living room floor. The couches match the carpet in color and are soft as fur. My tiny body sinking into the ginormous cushions. The lights hang low from the ceiling and I wonder how Shawn, a 6' 7" built guy, walks around the house without running into the beautiful fluorescent lights. I get up and walk around taking in the paintings on the walls. There are painting of gorgeous landscapes by painters I have never heard off. The side tables are full of books and papers covering the beautiful wood carvings engraved in the tables.

"Do you like it?" he asks ass he comes up behind me. Right now I am looking at a painting of a kingdom. The castle reaching to the sky bathing in sunlight. It shines as a beacon onto the surrounding villages.

"Its beautiful..." I breath in aww.

"Where is this?" I ask aloud.

"This is my home." he says with admiration. I turn around and watch his eyes as he his filled with pride just looking at the reminder of his home.

"Maybe you could visit one day." he says as he tares his eyes away from the painting.

"Maybe." I whisper. I walk into the next door I see trying to think of something else. Trying to avoid the reminder of home. I have never felt like I really belonged anywhere. My parents and I are almost never there and when we are it is usually just me because they are away on assignment. It gets pretty lonely. I envy the fact that Shawn has a place to truly call home.

"Are you hungry?" he asks from behind me as I am walking.

"Huh?"

"You're walking to the kitchen, are you hungry?" Just now I look around me and he is right. I have walked into the kitchen without even realizing it. Unlike the living room the floor is a marble black tile and all the cabinets and counters are white and some lighter shades of grey. There are more carving and etches on the edges of the cabinets and the wooden furniture. There is a table sitting next to two wall length glass door and more wall length windows surrounding it. The table is basked in sunlight making the vase of orchids in the center glisten. The chairs have black, fur covered cushions sitting on them welcoming my tired body. I walk over and take a seat.

"Yah, I guess it wouldn't hurt. I haven't really eaten much since being in the hospital. The hospital food is not very appetizing." I state as I look out the windows. 

"Your telling me. I had to eat it more than you. You were out for most of it. Do you want me to cook or do you just want something small like a sandwich or soup?"