Flower

⤷ y/n was running late for class when she bumps into a rather cute guy making them mix their books by mistake...

*inspired by a blurb i found on tumblr if anyone remembers the name pls tell me :)*

pairing: JJ Maybank x Fem!reader 

status: strangerz

wc: 1.3k

"shit shit shit" y/n silently cursed, as she was practically sprinting to her class. her fingers fumbling through the gigantic books in her hands "biology...chemistry....shit where's my math book" she sighed heavily turning to the side to grab her backpack, still sprinting to class. 

"ITS YOUR FAULT WE'RE LATE, JJ" john B yelled at his still sleepy best friend that wont stop yawning, his books were lazily wrapped by his tanned arms. his ocean blue eyes were a seconds away from closing for the 14th time today, but he found himself tripping over by a pair of legs instead, which caused his books to fly off his arms collapsing with the other persons books "ugh shit" JJ grumbled, his hands rubbing the back of his already throbbing head. 

"oh my god, i am so so sorry" the panicked girl apologized, trying to pick out her books from the mess she accidentally caused. JJ was already giving that person a death glare even without seeing them, but when he locked eyes with her, his eyes immediately softened. 

"no no, its okay" JJ said rather calmly, surprising himself by how he handled the situation. hell, even john B was shocked. normally, JJ would yell at anyone who pissed him off, or bump into him for that matter, when he's hungover. but he couldnt even think of getting angry at her right now. "are you okay" JJ chuckled slightly grabbing his books, then reaching his hands out for the y/h/c haired girl infront of him to which she thanked him for, slowly getting up from the hallway floor.  

"y-yeah im fine. But shouldn't I be the one to ask you that, since i was the one who bumped into you?" she said looking down at her floral dress sheepishly, suddenly forgetting about her little morning crisis. 

"nah, im okay." he shrugged "im JJ" he extended his right hand for the girl to shake but much to your-and his-dismay you couldn't, one more move and all your books would collapse on the floor again. "oh" once JJ realized the problem, he awkwardly scratched the back of his neck, chuckling in embarrassment causing her to laugh with him. 

before y/n could say her name the bell rang for the last time, meaning class has already started, and you do NOT wanna be late to Mr. Dandills class. "oh shit, uhm got to go....bye" you sprinted again you y/h/c hair flying by how fast you were running, but that didnt stop you from hearing what he said 

"talk later, flower!" Y/n heard him yell, practically hearing the smile in his voice. She shook her head in laughter, still sprinting back to class. in most cases y/n'd  roll your eyes or get creeped out when people, especially strangers, call her by nicknames. but she knew why he called her that, and she loved it. looking down at her white summer dress that had small colourful flowers scattered around everywhere, she couldn't stop smiling "i knew this dress was a good pick" 

sighing gratefully, y/n luckily made it to physics class in no time. as she sat down, finally catching her breath. She got out her physics book and put all the other books in her already opened bag.

"Good morning students, I would like all of you to open page 126" Mr. Dandill spoke sternly yet calmly, not wanting to waste any time. The girls eye brows furrowed as she was flicking through the pages. At first she didn't notice how the edges of the cover of the book was torn slightly, or the small little drawings that were scribbled on the corners of each page, but what stood out to you was the handwriting, it was messy, but you could understand it, in some of the pages it looked like it was a conversation.