"here, eat up"

Y/n was working with Kie at The Wreck and the boys decided to eat there  the same time her shift started to tease her, but she was too tired to joke back 

Pairing: JJ Maybank x reader 

Status: best best friends 

warning: mentions of not eating the whole day (putting this out there just in case. now i do not tolerate this behavior, pls eat and never starve yourself even if your late for smthg or not feeling like it, its important. anyways enjoy reading! enjoy eating! enjoy being yourself! and go kick some ass in wtv you're doing <33)

*now i know The Wreck serves seafood but for the sake of this story they serve hot dogs too fjdksskk*

"Y/N TABLE 24!" Kie shouted over the cashier pointing at the table that needs to be served, y/n's stomach was grumbling, her head throbbing at whatever sound that was higher than speaking range. "bitch" she whispered to her friends, eyes closed from the headache 

"what" kie whispered back, her eyes full of concern 

"i told you i have a headache" she spat, her hands rubbing her forehead trying to soothe the pain 

"oh shit, sorry. is it really that bad?" kie smiled sympathetically.

"well, yeah i barely slept and-" she was about to continue her rambling when the bell dinged, signalling them that new customers arrived. both of the girls eyes shot up to the door to be met by their annoying ass friends with shit eating grins 

"oh you've got to be kidding me" kie rolled her eyes "what are you guys doing here?" she glared and the boys and sarah. 

"uhm, we want to eat, now is that a way to welcome a customer?" JJ asked, putting his hand on his heart acting as if he was offended causing the rest of the group to do the same. the thing is, the group loves to joke around and tease eachother all the time. normally, y/n would fire back a comeback or playfully hit his head but she was too tired to do so, so she just rolled her eyes and went to her table 

"whats up with her" John B asked point at y/n obviously faking her smile at the customers as she was writing their orders, the customers didn't know that but her friends knew her too well. 

"she was studying all night" kie spoke typing something on the cash register. 

"oh" the group nodded in understanding, they knew their beloved y/n. always trying to be the best, and working hard is basically her motto in life, that's why she fits well with the group. especially JJ. they've been best friends for a while.  her personality and determinations mixed with his easiness and care free self fits so well like puzzle pieces, they balance eachother out and even though JJ isn't well with coping with his feelings or showing them, he makes sure she gets the appreciation she deserves. for example, now. 

the group sat on the table, John B and sarah facing the ocean view while JJ and pope sat on the opposite side. pope didn't want to sit next to the lovesick couple, even though sitting on the opposite side wont do any better, he'd just like to think it does. but JJ chose that spot so he could check on his exhausted best friend, just in case something happened. another one of JJ's qualities, is his protectiveness over the people he cares about. but he's a little more protective over y/n, even though he wont admit it, its true. 

after y/n served her designated table she went to serve her other customers that kie assigned for her. her friends. she didnt mind since she needed some positivity in her shitty mood, and she can always count on her friends for that. 

"sup dipshits, what do you guys want?" she slid on the seat next to JJ, pulling out her pen and pad from her pocket while JJ absentmindedly stretched out his right arm to hug her shoulders.