Chapter Sixteen.

"There's something about you
Tears me inside out whenever you're around
There's something about you
Speeding through my veins..."

✧✧✧

"How do you feel about parties?"

That was the question Tristan asked her as he leaned against his car after the game, looking at her inquisitively.

"They're great," Evelyn said. "As long as I don't have to attend them."

Tristan's face fell slightly and Evelyn frowned.

"Why do you ask?"

"I was going to ask if you wanted to come with me to one, but it's fine," he said with a shrug.

"I'll go," she said a little too quickly. "As long as you provide me with an ample amount of pineapple gummy bears."

"I always knew you were using me," he teased before opening the passenger door of his car. "Your carriage awaits."

She ignored the warmth in her cheeks as she got in the car and he closed the door behind her.

"You're not Prince Charming," she blurted.

Tristan breathed out a laugh as they pulled out of the parking lot. "Ouch."

"If this is the carriage, you'd be the coachman," she continued. "And the coachman was actually a horse, Cinderella's fairy godmother just turned him into a coachman, so you're actually a horse. Named Major."

"Are you saying you want to ride me?"

Evelyn blinked.

And then she blinked again.

And then she started laughing, covering her mouth with her hands as she realized how loudly she was laughing, before they slowly subsided to a bright smile, where she just covered her burning cheeks with her palms.

"You know, if you're going to laugh that hard every time I flirt with you, you can say goodbye to your gummy bears."

Evelyn cleared her throat. "Okay, try again. I won't laugh this time. I promise."

"I can't now," he muttered. "The moment is gone."

Evelyn tried to hold in her laugh, she really did, but that just ended in her snorting on accident, causing Tristan to give her a dirty look. "What moment? There was no moment."

"Evelyn?"

"Yes?"

"I'm going to flush you down the toilet."

"Headfirst?"

"Yes."

"But how can I ride you if I'm upside down?" she asked innocently and he stopped a little too abruptly as he parked on the street next to a house, before looking at her with wide eyes.

"What? You think you're the only one capable of a dirty mind?" she asked with a wink before getting out of the car. She intentionally slowed her pace as they walked towards the door, allowing him to get a good distance ahead of her before she gave herself a running start and jumped on his back. His reflexes were impressive as his hands immediately latched onto her thighs.

"What are you doing?" he asked, turning his head towards her slightly.

"Giddy up, Major," she just said, her voice quiet as her lips lingered near his ear. He tightened his grip on her thighs before cooperating, walking towards the door. It swung open almost immediately and she recognized him as Spencer.