ch.1 - QUIDDITCH CAPTAIN

heather; chapter one

──────────────'QUIDDITCH CAPTAIN'──────────────

──────────────
'QUIDDITCH CAPTAIN'
──────────────

"I'll write to you! I promise," Mina insisted as she tore herself from the tight, loving arms of her parents and moved her hands to the handle of her trolley. Sucking in a breath, a buzz erupting in her stomach, she glanced back at the two fondly before turning around and pushing her trolley as hard as she could muster. A giddy smile grew across her lips as her feet picked up pace, and the warm air of King's Cross Station ran through her hair as she ploughed through the brick wall.

Releasing her breath, a loving nostalgia grew in Mina's chest at the sight of the scarlet train. People with luggage and pets hustled around her: nervous first years with chubby cheeks and new uniforms too big for them, tall groups of seventh years savouring the beginning of their last school year, cages with hooting owls and arms circled around cats, the colourful robes of parents who smiled in memory of the school with small children by their side squirming in anticipation to finally be old enough to attend the beloved school.

Peering around, Mina manoeuvred her trolley through the bustling crowd toward the luggage carriage, trying but failing to spot a friend amidst the many students that seemed to tower over her. It started to seem like everyone had grown over the summer except herself. Even the blond Ravenclaw boy, Charlie, who was renowned for being the shortest guy in their year, was at least two heads taller than her now as she waited behind him while he handed his and his two first year siblings' trunks over to the man inside the luggage carriage.

Looking around, hands clinging to the cold metal handle of her trolley, it felt like she'd missed the memo of Hey! This summer, everyone's going to change their appearance! Whether it be dyed hair, bangs, tanned skin, or contacts in place of glasses, she was the only one who seemed to be the same old Mina Lee, with the same old dark brown hair, same old dark brown eyes, same old thin sweater, shorts, and even the same old converse high-tops from third year.

As Charlie's siblings scurried away, he turned around before following them to give her an apologetic glance for the wait which she brushed off with a smile and slight shake of her head; her eyes following his figure as he disappeared into the crowd.

Pushing her trolley forward to where he'd just been, the man inside the luggage carriage gave her a nod, motioning for her to leave her baggage on the floor of the carriage, before walking out of sight and presumably further down the train somewhere.

Moving to the side of her trolley, Mina grabbed her trunk's handle and heaved it upward, only managing to lift it about an inch before dropping it to the ground with a heavy thunk, still holding onto its handle, letting out a breath.

She had no idea how her dad had managed to put it on her trolley, let alone lift it out of their car's boot, and was debating on using a spell to do it for her when a deep voice next to her ear said, "Need a hand?"