ch.21 - WISH YOU WERE SOBER

──────────────'WISH YOU WERE SOBER'──────────────

──────────────
'WISH YOU WERE SOBER'
──────────────

Mina's bed was warm and soft, and the Saturday-relief made her bury her head further into the pillow. Her groggy, waking thoughts decided that today would be a dorm day, and she'd sleep until noon at the very least—or until her body felt like anything other than dead weight.

But then last night came crashing back, and she sat bolt upright. Flashes of memories filled her head: some so bizarre it was hard to tell if she just dreamed it all.

Truth or dare...Harry kissing her...arguing with Charlie...Cormac...her spiked drink...then nothing. She strained her brain to remember what the hell happened between then and now, but nothing came to mind.

The curtains of her four-poster bed were drawn, encasing her in darkness with a little bit of sunlight peeking through the edges. She rubbed her eyes, but stopped once she felt the make up still on her face. No matter how tired she was, Mina always took off any make up she'd been wearing before bed. But there it was: smudged mascara and glitter on her knuckles.

Wait...

Mina kicked off the cosy blanket off and froze. She was still wearing last night's clothes, minus the shoes, but that's not what caught her attention. No, what caught her attention was the fact that this blanket was maroon. The pillow was maroon. The curtains were maroon.

This was not her bed.

Then a door opened.

"I know everyone's talking about it, but you can't hide on the couch all day mate," Ron's voice said outside the four-poster bed. Mina stayed quiet, unsure if he was speaking to her or not, when someone else already in the dorm replied.

"I'm not hiding," he said quietly. She'd know Harry's voice anywhere—even if it was more of a drawl with his hungover morning voice. So she was in his dorm. He was on the couch. Which meant...

Her face turned so red that it probably matched the colour of the bedsheets. Harry's sheets.

"Whatever you say," Ron sighed, spoke quieter. "But McLaggen left for the train an hour ago. You don't need to play bodyguard anymore."

Left for the train?

Silence passed for a moment. Although Mina couldn't see their faces, she knew there was something being exchanged with their expressions.