Chapter 3

Sitting up in my bed at home, I sip on my hot coffee as rain pours outside my window. I'm scrolling through my phone not really paying attention to what I'm looking at. All I could keeping thinking was, what am I suppose to do now?

"Lola how are you doing ?", My mother whispers, talking through the small gap of my slightly open door, startling me.

"I'm fine," I say with an obvious attitude.

"Well sweetie it's been about a week since you came home from the hospital and all you have done is sit in bed?" She says.

"Well don't you think I'm allowed to?", I say turning my head to her.

She justs shakes her head and pauses before saying, "Baby it's up to you what you want to do now, I'm here to support you."

"Ok thanks but I'm fine."

"Alright sweetie I'll check up on you in a bit then."

She then closes the door softly, leaving me alone in my room again, with just my thoughts. As I'm just staring out the window listening to the dripping of the rain my phone rings, filling the silence.

It's my one and only friend Mya.

"Yes hello," I answer with a small smile on my face.

"LOLA, where have you been, you havent been at school and I -", Mya manages to gargle out before I cut her off.

"I'm fine Mya."

"Then where have you been? Everyone in school is talking about you. I miss you and I hope you are ok. I know you have been ignoring my texts."

I sigh knowing I have been ignoring her texts, and even though I do feel bad about it, all I wanted was to be alone.

"I'll be back at school tomorrow, but dont worry I just had low blood sugar nothing to worry about. Sorry for not texting back I just was trying to rest," I say

"Ok, but I'm watching you, you know I care about you!" Mya says swiftly before saying, "Gotta go Lola I'm about to watch the Bachelorette!

On my end all I hear is the line clicking, signalling Mya meant buisness about her Bachelorette show. I've known Mya for about 5 years and although she can be the most loyal friend a girl can have, if she has something to do she has something to do.

The next morning I throw on a oversized T-shirt, some light washed jeans and my white nikes. After putting my hair in its iconic bun, I walk to school in the light morning fog and arrive on time.

Staring at the big white doors to my school I pump myself up to get ready for all the gossip and staring that was about to occur. "Yay I can't wait", I thought as I pushed open on of the doors. As I enter, the hallway was crowded with other kids, but thankfully nobody was looking at me.

Entering first period, I take a seat where I normally sit. Everyone else sits down and starts chatting among each other. I did notice one person when he entered the room. Driss walked in slowly, hands in his jeans. He had a basketball jersey on with a black NYX hat backwards on his head. His black hair was in twists underneath the hat making him look even sexier.

Driss walks over to the desk he sat in last time next to me. He glances at me, but doesn't say a word. I continue opening up my books and taking out my pencils when all of a sudden I feel a familiar warm hand touch mine.

"Do you think I can borrow a pencil princess?", Driss asks me with a slight gruff in his voice.

"Um yeah sure," I manage to say . Are my cheeks really getting pink over him asking for a pencil? Did he just call me princess?

I hand him a pencil and I hear him say a small thank you as he turns his head back towards his desk.

The rest of class I can't help but think about Driss. He is better looking than any other guy I've ever seen. Maybe it's something about those New York guys? Driss is the first guy I've met from New York but I still can't figure him out.

The bell rings and as I am gathering my stuff, I see almost everyone has left. I go out the door to head for my next class but I hear someone shuffle behind me.

"Hey Princess"