Chapter 5

I hear voices talking around me, but I can only make out bits and pieces. One specific thing I heard was "she can't be in school anymore."

I slowly regain consciousness while trying to open my eyelids even though they felt so heavy.

"Hunny I'm here," I hear one male voice say. That must be my father.

"Baby we are both here, you don't have to open your eyes if you don't want to, mom and dad are here," My mother says.

What happened? Did I really faint again?

I finally open my eyes all the way but the brightness from the overhead lights hurt to much so I quickly squeezed them closed again.

"Uhhh where am I?" I ask throwing a small pillow from behind me on top of my face.

"Sweetie you had another incident like last time, but fortunately a kid from your school was able to help and he carried you outside," Dad says putting his hand on my arm, " he was very sweet and he even rode in the ambulance all the way here the hospital."

Why the hell does Driss keeping doing this? Helping me and disappearing? One minute he's prince charming the next he's a ghost...

***
A couple days later, I'm back at home resting in bed. I've been banned from school by my parents plus they think it's better for me to live life than to just keep going to school for no reason.

I can smell dinner being made downstairs which is unusual considering my parents are always at the office or the dock. I get up and throw my pink robe on since the rain was heavy outside and the house was a little cold. Heading downstairs, I notice the floors had been cleaned and everything was neat and tidy. Which was also not normal.

I step into the kitchen to see the dining room table in the corner was set for 4 places. My mom was next to the stove stirring something and my dad was on the couch wearing nice clothes.

"Umm are we having someone over for dinner? Why are there four places set?" I say leaning onto the counter.

"Lola I'm glad your up! I was just about to come up and tell you to get dressed." Mom says pointing a spoon at me," We invited that boy from your school over, you know the one that helped you. It's an appreciation dinner."

DRISS? HERE?

"Why would you guys do this without asking? I don't even know him?" I say standing in shock now.

"He was very nice for helping you, and you should be grateful."

Little did they know this was the second time he did that.

"Sweetie just go and throw on something nice he should be here soon. ok?" Dad says not even looking away from the tv.

I stare at both of them and stomp upstairs. I thought I was the sick one? Shouldn't they do what I want?

I quickly change into a a red knit sweater, black jeans and I keep my fuzzy socks on as this is my house and I'm not changing them for some guy.

I open the door to my bedroom and as one of my feet hit the top of the stairs the doorbell rings.