8

I thought about the whole holiday, start to basically where I was, that moment. It had been three days since I last saw the Dream Woman. Every night since then, Azafar had meddled with my dreams. Making them more terrifying each night. But she wasn't there to help comfort me.

I didn't know whether to tell Dad, let him in on the little secrets. He'd probably just think of me as nothing but a crazy person. I wouldn't blame him. I wouldn't believe me either. No one would.

The sun shone onto my back through my bedroom window. It poured warmth onto me, filled me with heat and exhaustion. As tired as I was, I couldn't lay down in my bed.

...So comfy...

No! I had to stay awake! I couldn't let Azafar control me.

...Fight it off!

I decided to go to Creeton's store and talk to him, anything to try and stop me from falling asleep would help. But it was already the evening, I didn't even know if his shop would be open.

I jumped off my bed and slipped on my sneakers, preparing for a bike ride.

Downstairs, I met up with Dad in his bedroom, he was already packing for home.

"Already packing?" I asked, standing in the doorway.

"Hmm? Oh, yes. Making room for some little things from the village, we're leaving in three days!" He sounded excited to be leaving. "Do you not like it here?" I suggested. "No, it's not that. I'm just excited to see Melissa and Caleb, that's all."

Dad noticed I had my coat on. "Going anywhere, pumpkin?" He shoved a shirt in the suitcase on his bed.

"Ugh, yeah. Actually, I was going to ask if I could maybe go see Creeton...?"

"The man from the shop?" Dad interrupted me. I nodded. "Yeah, just for like ten minutes!" I panicked.

"Will his shop even be opened?" Dad shoved in a couple pairs of shoes in a side pocket of the case.

"Yeah! I asked him when he was open each day, he's definetly open, until nine o'clock, actually!" I lied. I had no idea when he was open, or if he was even there!

"Okay, if you're sure. But try and get back as soon as you can, if anything happens, I gave Creeton our cottage phone number to him." We have a phone!? Why didn't I know about this!?

I chose to ignore the fact that Dad completely hid the fact from me that we had contact to the outside world and set off on a bike. All this time I thought the late night talking was just the TV...

At the village, I looked around, dazed and confused, until I was aware of my surroundings, and I finally found the store.

I was prepared to walk in, when I didn't see any lights on in the store.

Dang.

I jogged close up to the window, cupped my hands around my eyes, and gazed into the store. I saw all the doors closed, books all over the place, and then suddenly Creeton popped up from the counter and was running around like crazy.

I knocked on the window. "Hey! Mr. McFinaly?" My voice probably sounded faded and foggy from the inside. Creeton stared at me, looking shocked. He quickly went back to work.

I stormed inside the store, ffeeling hurt in some way because of the shun from Creeton. "We need to talk." I almost whispered.

"I'm closing...I..." He scurried around.

"I know about Azafar, and your sister, your five other brothers..." I faded off my words. Creeton paused exactly where he was, looking more shocked than ever before.