11

I never had been so cold.

Everything was dark, frightening. It felt like I was spinning, falling into the darkest holes. But I was completely still. In fact, I couldn't move.

I wasn't sure of my whereabouts, but I could clearly see everything.

The sun shone, showing me the bright light even though my eyes were closed. My blood was freezing, turning my whole body into a icy rink inside.

Where was Dad? Surely, none of this was real, because Creeton punched me, and I never remembered waking up.

I wasn't dead, honestly. I couldn't have been. Neither could Dad.

None of this was real. I now realized this. Meeting Hartburrow, Hope, Azafar, it was all a big dream. I thought that if I woke up, I wouldn't even be in the small cottage, I'd be at home, with Melissa, Caleb, and Dad. Not here.

A twister of sand and dust spiraled around me. It's point landed on my body, pointing like an arrow, trying to get the others to discover my body.

"Hello?" I tried to call out, my voice harsh and croaky, giving me the feeling that I was going to cough up my own blood.

Yuk.

A screeching voice came from up above and rang through my eyes, shuddering my whole body.

"Robyn!?" A familiar voice clashed among the screeches. "Are you there!?"

The voice sounded like mine, harsh and cold, it sounded like the person was having a seizure, it sounded like Hope.

"H...Hope?"

"Robyn! It's me, yes. Listen, I have something to tell you." She yelled through all the screeches.

I paused to listen, letting the air lighten, choking me. The screeches paused and the next thing I knew, Hope was sitting next to me, about to talk to me.

"Honey, you need to trust me, here." I nodded.

She took a breath. "When you fell, my circuits towards you, mentally, I mean, well, they broke. Cut off. Which means..."

"...I'm dead...?" I gulped down my own words like a discusting food, forcing them to settle.

Hope bit her lip sharply, only to release her bite and open her mouth. "Somewhat, yes. But I can help you. Listen, when you died, you were sent this telepathic message. I'm sending it from the forest where we last were. You woke up as soon as we were transported to that room, where you first met Azafar."

"Where's Dad?" I struggled. The pain inside my stomach lifted, giving me an unsettling feeling.

"He died with you, remember...? But I can help you to become alive again."

I turned my head, and noticed a man lying next to me. Dead.

"Is that Azafar...?" I went to poke him. "Don't worry about that." Hope giggled with a slight guilt in her laughter.

"Look, I'm trying to help you." She went serious. "It's gonna hurt, but will help."

She grabbed my hands. "Think about you lying where you are. But think about you not moving, not breathing. Think about you dying, drag out the death, and wake up from it. It'll transport your mind to a dream place, where I'll meet you. I cannot stay here much longer." I looked at her, frightened and tired.

I closed my eyes to imagine me body, dead. I took long breaths, trying to calm down my breathing.

I imagined myself, cold. I felt nothing. I was so alone.

I am cold. I am afraid. But I am numb, I cannot feel my legs, only the pain in my heart. I have the courage to cry but a tear will not approach my cheek.

The visions grew stronger and the pain grew larger.

I screamed as loud as I could, tearing Hope's ears to shreds.

"Yes! That's it!" Hope squeezed my hands.

I imaged myself still stuck like I was before. Alone.

"Robyn!" I ran down the staircase, following Mum's voice.

"Come here sweetheart!" I sat at the table. Mum's beauty relaxed me, and she greeted me.

I smiled. "Mum." I stated that she was here. "Where's Dad?" I giggled.

"Oh honey, you father is dead. Remember?" She patted my head.

"What!?" "He died in that crash..." She faded off her words and looked to the side, scared and sad.

"No...That was you!" I stood from the table.

"Of course it was. It was all of us." She turned and walked slowly to me. I felt scared, nervous, angry, happy, and hurt at the same time.

I ran upstairs and fell to the floor, tears flowing ontop of my eyes. I lay there, staring up at the ceiling which soon turned to darkness.

%

I opened my eyes, I was still lying down, but this time in grass, soft, peaceful grass.

"Hi honey." My dead father stroked my forehead.